Google Play

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Although I've yet to attempt this myself, I'm under the assumption that when you download a file, it is then saved within your device via a predetermined area/folder as created by your device. From this location, one would need to transfer or locate the files either by searching the device yourself or allowing the media player to search the device for you. Once you've located the supported files, you may need to connect to your computer in order to move/relocate these files to your SD card.

However, it may not be necessary to relocate the files assuming the device can access the files and play the tracks. if you're just looking to save space, as I mentioned above, you may need to connect your device to your computer, open two windows, one showing the device and the other showing the location of the files. Create a music folder if one has not already been created then drag those files over and into the SD card music folder.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
There are two locations, both labeled Music on your device. One is in the phones memory and the other is on the SD Card.

My method involves plugging the phone into my laptop, and using my desktop music program (in Windows, i prefer Windows Media Player... I'm old fashioned) to sync to my SD card.

This not a one-step process; you have make sure your phone is unlocked. If you have a newer device like my S7E, then you have to use the pull-down menu to tell the phone to allow access to data (otherwise it defaults to charge-only) and on your computer, be sure you are syncing to the SD card and not the phones memory if that's where you want it stood.

Alternatively, if your SD card is easily removable, you can turn of the phone, remove it, then plug it into your computer using the appropriate adapter, and then sync or transfer music files directly to the Music folder.

I'm sure there are ways to do this through Wi-Fi, but I have experience with that (I am aware that you can download some music directly from Amazon Prime Music, but I haven't tried that either).

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I normally go to the Google play store on chrome from the phone. Put the browser on desktop mode then download each song to the internal memory then move all the songs to my SD card. It might be easier to download the songs to your computer and then put the SD card though.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Have you actually used a music player on the phone?

What kind of phone is it?

I've used Google Play and a few others. I'm using my S7 Edge. I'm just looking for where the files are downloaded to from the Plat Store so I can move them to the SD card.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hrm. I a Music folder in the root directory of both the device and the SD card when looking via My Files.

It's entirely possible these aren't stock but rather created by, Windows Media Player... In any case, Google Play Music recognizes music stored in those folders, so if you don't have one currently, you should be able to create the folder and drop your music into it and be able to see it from within Google Play Music.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I normally go to the Google play store on chrome from the phone. Put the browser on desktop mode then download each song to the internal memory then move all the songs to my SD card. It might be easier to download the songs to your computer and then put the SD card though.

Where in internal memory are the songs put?

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
So, what you're saying is that your phone hates you and is fighting you every turn? :D

Maybe it doesn't like your taste in music?

I'm kidding, of course. I wish I could tell you what is going on, but I am out of ideas here.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Same problem with a friend of mine. She bought a song and download to her pixel XL but we could not locate on the phone. No matter where we look and even flat out search, simply nothing comes back. So strange and frustrating.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Play Store on Android 6.0.1 and purchased an album. They downloaded, no browsers involved, but cannot locate the folder or files.
I was told they are hidden on your internal memory when you just download from the store.the files are encrypted. That's why you do it through the browser.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Another option is to open it on the desktop and download library and it will give you all of your music but it will all be labeled with the proper metadata. The reason I say the whole library is because it only allows you to download a song 3 times, even if you own it, but the whole library as many times as you want. Play Music is a horrible app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe