Google preferred care vs SquareTrade

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Without regard to the value of warranties, thats for different discussion, can anybody give me their thoughts of SquareTrade versus Google Preferred Care?

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Never used squaretrade but Preferrd care is excellent with the Pixel phones - If you go into the chat on the phone for support or call the support they instantly offer quick replacement with next day.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Never used squaretrade but Preferrd care is excellent with the Pixel phones - If you go into the chat on the phone for support or call the support they instantly offer quick replacement with next day.

I concur 100%. I had an issue with my phone and launched a chat session from the phone. They made it almost to easy to get to swap out my phone. They sent a new one via overnight FedEx. If you are going to buy protection, then I recommend Google Preferred Care.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I know you can't change an existing pre-order, but his Google care something I can order separate without having to replace a new order?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know you can't change an existing pre-order, but his Google care something I can order separate without having to replace a new order?

Based on my experience from last year you cannot add it. I would give them a call to make sure because someone posted elsewhere that you could but it may have been through Project Fi. I'm of the opinion that it must be purchased at the same time still. I wish Google would change that policy.

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Based on my experience from last year you cannot add it. I would give them a call to make sure because someone posted elsewhere that you could but it may have been through Project Fi. I'm of the opinion that it must be purchased at the same time still. I wish Google would change that policy.

Project Fi gives you 30 days from the shipment date to get preferred google care. You're right about last year, pixel 2 preferred had to be purchased at the same time.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Then it's a moot point. I'm too impatient to cancel my order, and get at the end of the line by placing a new one

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had squaretrade back in 2012 on a tablet. It was good service but alot has changed so I don't know much about them anymore.

If you are comparing, check out safeware. I used them in the past and they were also good but again, alot has changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon