Google Voice configuration issue

LtMoistLips

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody tried to setup Google Voice on their S3? When I get to the point where it tries to set itself as the voicemail provider, the screen goes black (can't do anything) and I eventually get a popup stating that com.android.phone died after the screen cones back... This is on AT&T
View attachment 28401

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

endersdestiny

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I was getting that as well. Did a reboot and now I just get a failure to set up the new voicemail settings and that I need to contact my carrier. Had the same issue on the One X that I was trying out. Not sure if it's because I've switched phones a bunch of times recently or because of something with AT&T.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My moto photon on stock software locks up during GV config for the device, while switching to GV for VM in the phone settings. Same phone running a personal build i maintain completes setup no problem. With my moto stock i used to give it a min or 2, reboot the phone, open my dialer hit menu, settings, and manually change VM provider to google.

Do the conditional call forwarding (*28 for sprint) but after that the app would function fine. Was only during setup and using the method above completed the setup manually.

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked first time but im on sprint. It might be an AT&T issue.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Do the conditional call forwarding (*28 for sprint) but after that the app would function fine.

So is that how Google Voice works? It only forwards your calls to your GV number when it goes to voice mail? I have an S3 order in with VZW and it would be nice to use GV on it.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So is that how Google Voice works? It only forwards your calls to your GV number when it goes to voice mail? I have an S3 order in with VZW and it would be nice to use GV on it.

Yeppers. If you are only looking for a visual voicemail solution then select to never use GV during its setup process, and instead use conditional call forwarding and viola :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur