News Google's begins to strip away Fitbit's online store as integration deepens

ad47uk

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I have a fitbit watch, I got it before Google decided to grab hold of them. the one advantage and the only one I see is the ability to use Google pay, which means my bank card works instead of me having to put my bank card onto a curve card and then the curve card onto my Fitbit watch.

I like my fitbit watch more so for the battery life, I can go for at least 2-3 day without recharging it, something from which I have heard can't be done with Wear OS watches, also as far as I can see Wear OS watches are always round, while that is a great shape for your normal watch I don't think it is for a smartwatch.
My fitbit does have a crack in where I dropped it months ago, I did think about replacing it, but to be honest I am not sure now what to do, I may just go back to a normal watch, I don;lt even know why I got it in the first place. :)

I will see how things go and how long mine lasts before it starts falling apart, but I don't like the pixel watch, too expensive and I want something where the battery lasts more than 24 hours

taynjack

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a fitbit watch, I got it before Google decided to grab hold of them. the one advantage and the only one I see is the ability to use Google pay, which means my bank card works instead of me having to put my bank card onto a curve card and then the curve card onto my Fitbit watch.

I like my fitbit watch more so for the battery life, I can go for at least 2-3 day without recharging it, something from which I have heard can't be done with Wear OS watches, also as far as I can see Wear OS watches are always round, while that is a great shape for your normal watch I don't think it is for a smartwatch.
My fitbit does have a crack in where I dropped it months ago, I did think about replacing it, but to be honest I am not sure now what to do, I may just go back to a normal watch, I don;lt even know why I got it in the first place. :)

I will see how things go and how long mine lasts before it starts falling apart, but I don't like the pixel watch, too expensive and I want something where the battery lasts more than 24 hours
I did as well. I had my new Fitbit for about a month before Google took over. Then they took away the one feature that sold me on Fitbit. (Music on the device) My next device will be a Garmin...if only this Fitbit would die!!
Pixel watch was intriguing, but that exposed, irreplaceable screen doesn't work for me as I work and play in rugged places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484