Got mine from Best Buy!

Digger262

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Got mine from Best Buy as well. Took almost an hour as they had to get it released from corporate before they could sell it. Then the computer had issues not really believing it was available and didn't credit my $50 gc so they had to do a price match to get me the discount after the fact.

Interesting was the manager said they were only allotted the number(3) of pre-orders and even if those customers canceled they could not sell them to anyone else. They still do not have a launch date.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is what happened. Got a text message from the local BB Mobile Manager that my EVO LTE was in and I could come by and get it. Rushed over obviously.

When I get there, there is an issue since they the EVOS are not officially released in their system yet. It was showing it still as "backorder" so they had to do several workarounds with the computer to be able to sell it to me, since it was not even supposed to be in the store yet, the manager had to call another BB and they obviously had the same issue since they told her of how to do the "workaround."

Took a bit but worked through it all and got it for $49 after the $50 discount for Sprint upgrade, $50 gift card for trading in my old EVO (which btw was not working as of yesterday after it fell in the swimming pool!) and $50 gift card for preordering.

Some interesting nuggets:

-My evo arrived at just before lunch this am, not sure if they got others in the shipment but even if they did, they cant sell them until they get the official release date which they didn't have yet.

-Likewise with the accessories. All they really have is a Zagg protector (which i did buy) and a combo holster case form PT (which I got but probably taking back since it makes the camera button hard to press).They said they cannot even put out the accessories until the release date.

-Turns out, despite a lot of interest, I was the only preorder they had at this BB so thats why the manager sent me a personal text as soon as it came in, she wanted to play with it as well!

-Staff had not even played with one yet since their working demo units were also held up in customs.

-As of this post, no email from BB with a release date or anything from corporate saying I could pick it up.

BB Staff was great about getting this done and really loved the phone, they all wanted to hold it and play with it~

I

Last edited:

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have talked to three Best Buy stores in three different states. All three claim to only have received the quantity they had preorders for. I'm thinking perhaps not all the evos have really been released by customs, and that a national launch could be weeks away.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

jmartinbsu

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
@midmofan

exactly same scenario.

I did check out the otterbox defender but that adds almost a 1/2 inch on each side of the phone. Seriously, if it needs to be that secure toss it in a steel briefcase with custom foam inserts.

Only pre-order at my store but I heard the BBY store in town had quite a few more.

I don't find the camera button being an issue with the PT case. I'll play with it more though just to see if I just didn't notice it.

Anyways, back to playing with my eye candy...And I need to clean my epic 4g up to sell on ebay :)

Klotz

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine from BB in Wentzville MO. Signed up for BestBuy insurance and got 1/2 off the Buy Back program fee. $30 instead of $60. You can cancel the insurance after that.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine from BB in Wentzville MO. Signed up for BestBuy insurance and got 1/2 off the Buy Back program fee. $30 instead of $60. You can cancel the insurance after that.

Did the same thing as well, heading to the beach for a couple weeks next month so will keep the insurance through the trip.

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got home from my Best Buy appointment. I haven't had a chance to play with it. Right now I am charging the battery, it was down to 10% when they opened it and started it up at Best Buy. The screen is beautiful. :D

Last edited:

Rdubya87

May 8, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who traded in your old Evo at Best Buy, any tips on making sure all your data is off your phone? I'm buddies with Brett Favre and if certain things were not erased from my phone it would be...unfortunate

But seriously, I need to use it right up to the bitter end but I want to be ready to wipe it once I get to Best Buy. Just factory reset?

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Talked to my Best Buy store where I placed my preorder and they said that they aren't getting the phones in for another week at least!! I'm inclined to believe the lady because they ALWAYS are on top of things. She said some stores were getting in their shipments today and tomorrow but they shouldn't be getting anything this week.

I'm in Southern California. Anybody else here get the same info or get their phone??

Anybody know of a way to move my preorder to another store?

:'(

huey

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just picked mine up from the Best Buy in Long Beach off PCH. I was told that only enough came in to fulfill all (6) of their pre-orders.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
For anyone who traded in your old Evo at Best Buy, any tips on making sure all your data is off your phone? I'm buddies with Brett Favre and if certain things were not erased from my phone it would be...unfortunate

But seriously, I need to use it right up to the bitter end but I want to be ready to wipe it once I get to Best Buy. Just factory reset?

Well I dropped mine in a swimming pool yesterday and that seemed to do the trick..

Zach_AC

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Took a bit but worked through it all and got it for $49 after the $50 discount for Sprint upgrade, $50 gift card for trading in my old EVO (which btw was not working as of yesterday after it fell in the swimming pool!) and $50 gift card for preordering.

So if I also have the BBY Phone Freedom offer on top of the same offers you got...I should technically be getting this phone for FREE? I have an "appointment" at 5:00 to get my EVO 4G so any response would be great.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So if I also have the BBY Phone Freedom offer on top of the same offers you got...I should technically be getting this phone for FREE? I have an "appointment" at 5:00 to get my EVO 4G so any response would be great.

Yes that is what they said at my BB, that if i had done the Phone Freedom offer, it would have been free.

briankeene

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Got mine in Joliet Illinois. The Sprint stores had no cases and said the phone wasn't released yet. Mine was the first they saw!! Still have to play with it and get it set up.