Got My GOOGLE MUSIC Beta invite ...

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey Gang,

I got my Google Music Beta invite yesterday and am using it on my Droid X. I was curious if anyone else had and what their thoughts were so far. I am still testing it compared to Amazon ... so I'll keep you posted.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had it since last week. I've been uploading music literally nonstop since Friday night -- it is taking forever as I have several thousand songs that I'm uploading. The app interface is much nicer than Amazon's.

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had it since last week. I've been uploading music literally nonstop since Friday night -- it is taking forever as I have several thousand songs that I'm uploading. The app interface is much nicer than Amazon's.

I completely agree. In landscape, Amazon is basically useless. However...I like that Amazon moves between "Cloud" and "On Device".

kedesa

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Got mine last week. Took about 20 hours to upload 4,700 songs; about 38GB on FIOS. Loving my commute even more now. And loving hearing MY music at work. Pandora and Last.fm are now gone.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on Monday. It will probably be finished uploading all my songs tomorrow. I absolutely love it so far.

Does anyone want to buy an old 30GB iPod? :p

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing a bug with Google Music where when playing a CD from the first track, after completing the first song, it will replay that same track and then just sit silent rather than moving onto track 2?

If I manually press "skip" to go to track 2, it will work fine from then on, it just happens on the first track I select.

Edit: Here...this guy explains it better than I did.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/87708-google-music-first-track-problem.html

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
uploading now.....the app is much nicer than the stock music app..but still needs a few tweeks...especially adding a lock screen widget. im missing that alot.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. I let it upload overnight since I was only getting about 100 songs/hour. I like the look and have not had any issues so far except I do not see a way to correct album covers?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
whats wrong with the album covers?

They are incorrect for some of the songs. In PowerAmp you can correct them by long press and then change album covers. I do not see a way to do that on Google Music.

*****Have not had enough time to play with it, but I am sure there is a way.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
FYI, there is an update for the Music Beta app in the Market to 3.0.1 which fixes the bug some were experiencing with the 1st track replaying & then hanging.

Still no lockscreen controls though....:mad:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
FYI, there is an update for the Music Beta app in the Market to 3.0.1 which fixes the bug some were experiencing with the 1st track replaying & then hanging.

Still no lockscreen controls though....:mad:

thats one of the only things im missing from this app. i want those lockscreen controls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware