Got my Xperia Z3!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Smooth, what about the non removable battery? How big is it in the hand compared to the S5?
Enjoy.
Thx

Posted via Android Central App
I figured since I rarely needed to take the battery out of my S5, the non removable battery would be OK, and the battery life is actually pretty great on this phone

It feels about the same size-wise but feels more comfortable to hold because it's more curved on the sides unlike the S5

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3!

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Smooth, what about the non removable battery? How big is it in the hand compared to the S5?
Enjoy.
Thx

Some people just really want the option to remove the battery. But the battery life on the Z3 is truly stunning. There should be no need to carry a spare battery for a day's use; screen on time is 5-6 hours at the least so far with everything going (GPS, Wifi, auto-brightness etc).

Jonathan Lin1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Some people just really want the option to remove the battery. But the battery life on the Z3 is truly stunning. There should be no need to carry a spare battery for a day's use; screen on time is 5-6 hours at the least so far with everything going (GPS, Wifi, auto-brightness etc).

How much OST should i expect if i do autobrightness? I can't stand anything in dim settings.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
How much OST should i expect if i do autobrightness? I can't stand anything in dim settings.

I always have autobrightness on and the other night I had 58% battery remaining with 2h 8m 44s screen on time; that would work out to about 5.5 hours I think before it died. But there's a guy on these forums that has got screenshots of 9 hours. It's worth noting it's a brand new phone and I'm using it a lot and reinstalling a lot of apps that were on my last phone.

Last edited:

figo_rulz11

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
HI all,

I've had my Z3 for 4-5 days now and coming from an iPhone 5...I LOVE IT!!!!

I've managed 11h 41m 25s on battery at 32% discharging still ...that's freaking awesome!!!

Can't wait for intergrated notifications on Android L but for now third party app's will do ( NiLS app )

One thing which I'm still getting used to is the size of it compared to my iPhone 5 :-$

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to keep bothering but I haven't received a definitive answer and I'm almost ready to buy the D6633 from eBay but won't do it until I know for sure if the Mobile Hotspot (tether) works, can't be without it, I know that my sure bet will be waiting for the T-Mobile version but besides that there is no specific release date, I really can live without wifi calling but not without Hotspot.

So, if you or anyone else with AT&T or even better T-Mobile, can try it and see if it activates and doesn't give the same error I get when trying to use an Unlocked AT&T S4 with Mobile Hotspot in T-Mobile, according to them even when the S4 has the software it must be a T-Mobile version in order to activate the Hotspot provision on the phone.

Thanks in advance.

I see the option here and I'm on AT&T so I would assume it will work

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/01/0b75e57f6e5adaf23fb2c84845961c48.jpg

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to keep bothering but I haven't received a definitive answer and I'm almost ready to buy the D6633 from eBay but won't do it until I know for sure if the Mobile Hotspot (tether) works, can't be without it, I know that my sure bet will be waiting for the T-Mobile version but besides that there is no specific release date, I really can live without wifi calling but not without Hotspot.

So, if you or anyone else with AT&T or even better T-Mobile, can try it and see if it activates and doesn't give the same error I get when trying to use an Unlocked AT&T S4 with Mobile Hotspot in T-Mobile, according to them even when the S4 has the software it must be a T-Mobile version in order to activate the Hotspot provision on the phone.

Thanks in advance.

I just tried and it and I can confirm it works!
Tried it with my Mac, connected to my phone via partable hotspot and was able to connect to the internet and browse

Erwinia

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile- actually I just switched from Verizon yesterday! I have the Z3 6603, which I ordered from Clove. (Phone is unlocked of course.)

I just tested the mobile hotspot, and it works great. Connected to it with my laptop (Macbook pro), surfed to a few web pages, speed was great. I see in the menu there's also an option for USB tethering, but I'm at work and don't have a USB cable with me. Hope that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile- actually I just switched from Verizon yesterday! I have the Z3 6603, which I ordered from Clove. (Phone is unlocked of course.)

I just tested the mobile hotspot, and it works great. Connected to it with my laptop (Macbook pro), surfed to a few web pages, speed was great. I see in the menu there's also an option for USB tethering, but I'm at work and don't have a USB cable with me. Hope that helps.

Are you considering flashing the FTF from the UK to US?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just tried and it and I can confirm it works!
Tried it with my Mac, connected to my phone via partable hotspot and was able to connect to the internet and browse

Thanks, both of you for confirming this.

bfuels1993

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the Z2 6503 model that I have been using for 7 months, I'm on AT&T and the mobile hot spot works great. It's as fast at my carrier specific portable mobile hot spot straight from AT&T.

inoahnoah

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
ATT Usa uses LTE bands 2,4,5,17. And they can roam on bands 1,3,7. If you purchased the imported Z3 model number D6653 it will not work with LTE as it does not support those bands. If you get the imported Z3 model numbers D6633 (the dual sim), D6643, or D6603 then they all have the correct bands and can work with ATT LTE.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
After it was confirmed that the Hotspot works for T-Mobile I just placed my order of a White Dual Sim D6633 on eBay.

This will be my daily driver replacing my beloved galaxy S5, I know that there are a couple of things I'll miss from the S5 but I'm always open to learn new stuff, so let's see what happens. I should have it between Monday and Wednesday so I'll let you know a couple of days later about my experiences with it, thanks.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
After it was confirmed that the Hotspot works for T-Mobile I just placed my order of a White Dual Sim D6633 on eBay.

This will be my daily driver replacing my beloved galaxy S5, I know that there are a couple of things I'll miss from the S5 but I'm always open to learn new stuff, so let's see what happens. I should have it between Monday and Wednesday so I'll let you know a couple of days later about my experiences with it, thanks.

Hope you enjoy it; S5 and Z3 are both great phones at the very zenith so your preference is going to be based on personal interaction with phone more than specs I imagine. I've never liked Touchwiz though so was reluctant to look at the S5 for my upgrade. Did consider holding out for Note 4 but just couldn't see me using that s-pen enough.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I figured since I rarely needed to take the battery out of my S5, the non removable battery would be OK, and the battery life is actually pretty great on this phone

It feels about the same size-wise but feels more comfortable to hold because it's more curved on the sides unlike the S5

No case? It nice looking wouldn't want it scratched.