Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
sooooooooooo does this mean that we ICS users can run this rom without upgrading to JB? I hope so! Downloading the ROM now. Must run in slot 1, correct?

Yes exactly. They also stated that all upcoming CM and AOKP builds will be kexec so that's good news for us since we likely won't see an OTA JB update.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Where is the kexec build you were referring to? CM doesn't list any notes about being kexec however the thread did lead me to an official AOKP build for spyder, so I'm going to patch that one up. Speedcore was nice and I already have a patch for it but the one thing I can't stand is people buggering with the base builds of CM and AOKP, and it just looking like a mess or just saying "speed tweaks" and not elaborating on what they've actually done.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried several times; couldn't get it past the boot screen (circular "CyanogenMod" icon). Maybe it's not ICS-compatible?

I am on ICS as well, and it boots fine for me. Did you try wiping and flashing again? ROM, GApps, then the patch?

Sent from my dirty rainbow unicorn Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD (HorriblyDeveloped)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
No, I use the zip queue feature in TWRP and do it all at once. I'll take a look at it.

Sent from my dirty rainbow unicorn Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD (HorriblyDeveloped)

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have not downloaded the alltel patch. I used the old Ntelos patch that you made for me. The d/l site for the alltel patch says "Virus Status: ANDR.Trojan.GingerBreak FOUND"

is that legit, or a bogus message?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well it isn't going to work if you don't flash the right patch. Use the one for Alltel that I posted. There is no virus attached. Virus scanners will throw up a false alarm for this sort of thing.

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Well it isn't going to work if you don't flash the right patch. Use the one for Alltel that I posted. There is no virus attached. Virus scanners will throw up a false alarm for this sort of thing.

will try again. please hold... ;)

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Update: we've got partial success now.

I got the rom to boot by flashing (1) the rom, (2) the patch, and (3) my titanium zip file. Phone boots, I have data and telephone functions. I think my phone doesn't like the gapps. I will try to edit the zip file tonight and tinker around a little. First target is the setup app, which my phone apparently won't run.

I went ahead and made a safestrap backup of rom slot 1 in its present state, just so I can keep what I have so far.

Any suggestions?

Bob

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you are using the correct GApps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

No, and I think I found that this is the problem. Apparently I was confused about ICS/JB and downloaded the ICS gapps. I just figured that out in like the last 10 minutes. I'm downloading the JB gapps now. (I know, duh, but at least I figgered it out!!!!)

don't say it, I know, i'm a nooooooooooooooobie!!!!!! ha ha ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adsnsjwjjwjj9199929