GPS & Bluetooth Issues

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been relatively happy with the G5 since I got it, but have noticed a lot of bluetooth connectivity issues. Especially with my car. It goes in and out all the time.

This week though I can add in GPS problems. Drove up to Seattle for work and had at least 6 times where google maps lost the gps signal. 3-4 ended up causing delays in travel.

Anyway, what am I missing? Do I have a bad device? I don't travel much but I would like to rely on the gps when I am.

Frustrations are increasing, starting to look around for other options.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been relatively happy with the G5 since I got it, but have noticed a lot of bluetooth connectivity issues. Especially with my car. It goes in and out all the time.

This week though I can add in GPS problems. Drove up to Seattle for work and had at least 6 times where google maps lost the gps signal. 3-4 ended up causing delays in travel.

Anyway, what am I missing? Do I have a bad device? I don't travel much but I would like to rely on the gps when I am.

Frustrations are increasing, starting to look around for other options.

You probably have a hardware issue. I had my GPS fixed and they replaced the Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/GPS module. Works great now except they sent me someone else's chin that was beat up. They are sending a replacement chin.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Same thing happened to my GPS. It worked great when i first received my phone shortly after initial release. Since about a month ago, the GPS has been very unreliable. Very disappointed as I've tried everything possible and known to me with the many years of android experience i have bu nothing improves the situation.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to my GPS. It worked great when i first received my phone shortly after initial release. Since about a month ago, the GPS has been very unreliable. Very disappointed as I've tried everything possible and known to me with the many years of android experience i have bu nothing improves the situation.

Send it in to LG

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: GPS & Bluetooth Issues

That is so bizarre, when I got my G5 on Sept. 5th, the GPS appeared to be flaky (unstable) when I was running Waze. That lasted perhaps 2 days at most. Now it appears to be working perfectly all the time, and that applies to Waze and Google Maps!! Anyone else experience this pattern?

Wonder what the best App is for testing my internal GPS reliability? Not too worried, but will likely look into this, just in case it happens again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson