Question Gps on samsung a7 lite

bobrh

Jun 3, 2023
Visit site
My old Samsung tab used gps to place a blue location dot on Google maps. I can't get this appearing on the a7 lite. Location services are turned on, they know where I am :) Am I missing some step? Is this not an option on this model? It would be very nice to get it working.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. With the Lite version of Android you do not get the full Android experience. You get something similar but due to the low computing power of most lite devices, which is usually why they are lite editions, the device cannot support the full version of many Android apps or functions. This would be why the experience is different between an Android device and an Android Lite device. There is no way to get the full experience on a Lite device that I'm aware of simply because it cannot support it.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The A7 lite definitely has GPS: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a7_lite-10933.php. I have one myself, and I'm sure that Google Maps works for this (but I'm out of town for a little while, so I don't have access to that tablet to test right now).

Are you sure Google Maps has permission to access Location? Go to Settings>Apps, select Google Maps, and check its permissions.

Also, in Google Maps, tap the icon that looks like crosshairs to prompt it to locate you.

@VidJunky , FYI, the A7 lite still runs full Android (and not Android Go) -- I certainly agree with you that Android Go is much less powerful than full Android, but that's not the case here (man, if my A7 lite were Android Go, it would've gone out the window a long time ago!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC