GS6: How to pull still images from video?

Pontimax

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I know this feature was available, but kind of hidden, on previous Galaxies and my HTC as well. I can't seem to locate how to do this on the Galaxy S6? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I know this feature was available, but kind of hidden, on previous Galaxies and my HTC as well. I can't seem to locate how to do this on the Galaxy S6? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can download the Samsung video editor from Samsung app store that will grab stills from videos.

If your wanting to take stills while shooting video, just tap the shutter button while it's recording.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You can download the Samsung video editor from Samsung app store that will grab stills from videos.

If your wanting to take stills while shooting video, just tap the shutter button while it's recording.

Has anyone tried using voice commands to capture stills while shooting videos?

Pontimax

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks very much for the reply, but I did install the Samsung Video Editor and couldn't find how to do this - even in fact if this feature is there? I will look again and see if I missed something? Thanks.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried using voice commands to capture stills while shooting videos?

You can't. You have to pass the shutter button as the mic is being used to capture the sound, not commands. Other wise your video will contain audio of you saying "shoot"!

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks very much for the reply, but I did install the Samsung Video Editor and couldn't find how to do this - even in fact if this feature is there? I will look again and see if I missed something? Thanks.

In going to look too. I know on my note 4 I could.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Wow. It's not there any more. Lemme do some digging.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

OK. I guess you can't anymore. I know I could on my note 3 and 4.

I would try to find an app in the play store to will do what your looking for. Or, you can play the video and screen capture it.

Pontimax

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for looking, as I have poked around and it seems this feature hasn't been passed along to the 6. Kind of bugs me as it's a great tool and have used it a bunch on previous phones I've owned. I've downloaded a "frame capture" app and it's just ok. It's pulls like every 10th frame into a still. I wish I could play the video and tap the shutter when I want to take a shot. Bummer this isn't on the 6.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You can't. You have to pass the shutter button as the mic is being used to capture the sound, not commands. Other wise your video will contain audio of you saying "shoot"!

Good point. Forgot we were shooting video.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz