[GUIDE] Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP

slikkk

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, the person on the other end keeps getting echo even with echo cancelling checked.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

vlstaele

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips! The trick was to follow your instructions not to have any other forwarding numbers besides the google chat/email. Once I did that it rings through just perfectly! :)

dkd711

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have chat enabled - outgoing calls can be made thru G IP - all incoming calls to my cell number go
directly to T-Mob Wifi - only incoming calls using my GV number go to G IP - I think this is just the way
it is - I was hoping there was a way to get the incoming calls to my cell number to go thru G IP too.
Thanks for your reply - I'm not a techie so all input is appreciated.

Go into google voice app settings on your phone and select "Do not Use Google Voice to make calls" Groove Ip already does this for you. Now try again to see if you get incoming calls. This worked for me on EVO Shift.

Reactions: dennis mcgean

dennis mcgean

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Go into google voice app settings on your phone and select "Do not Use Google Voice to make calls" Groove Ip already does this for you. Now try again to see if you get incoming calls. This worked for me on EVO Shift.
Thanks for the input - I can't find that setting in the G IP app settings - is it down under a higher level option ?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Why has no one fixed the issue where the "Talking Caller ID" app runs while making calls through Groove? When I make calls using your app, the Talking Caller ID app reads out the name of that contact, as the call is being made; which is really annoying. Can someone please prevent this from happening?

Sent From My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk ---

rr4jim

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have two issues with the setup on my Nexus4 that I've not been able to resolve and hope someone can help.

1. I've not been able to find the correct combination of settings such that a call to my Google Voice number rings my Nexus4 without using plan minutes. As I'm on the t-mobile $30/month plan with only 100 minutes, this will be a problem.

2. When I receive an incoming call, my Nexus4 screen goes black until the call is terminated on the other end. I've adjusted my setting to lengthen the amount of time before the screen sleeps, but this does not appear to be the issue and it didn't resolve the problem.

Help and suggestions greatly appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201