[Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
Everything is right up to this point. And the problem that it's encountering is, unfortunately, not a problem that can be solved without special hardware (JTAG), and perhaps not even then.

I'm sorry; this is pretty rare, but we can't help you on this one.

You could contact the JTAG service that I mentioned and see if they have any input, but I'm guessing that they may tell you the same thing about there being a problem with the memory chips.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Kathy Plack

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
It's okay. At this point I only have to ask a question that may be simple for you, but will take me hours of reading. Why am I not flashing a bootloader since I'm stuck in a bootloop, just to get it on or in recovery mode to wipe the cache? Does it not work like that? Then I'm done trying for sure.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's okay. At this point I only have to ask a question that may be simple for you, but will take me hours of reading. Why am I not flashing a bootloader since I'm stuck in a bootloop, just to get it on or in recovery mode to wipe the cache? Does it not work like that? Then I'm done trying for sure.

Bootloaders are packaged with these ROMs. You can flash them separately, but in this case, since you got into download mode, there is no need to flash a bootloader.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

tayloradele

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I tried this, and now it is just blinking the samsung screen after it shows the AT&T screen. I did everything as shown, but it just stays on that one screen..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried this
Tried WHAT? Holy cow - you can't just try instructions that might have been intended for a different problem/model number/carrier/firmware!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

DavidAfflu

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I had same problem with my new Samsung Tab 3. I have just followed your instructions for rebooting in recovery mode and hope this solves the problem. I'll let you have my feedback after a few days.

WazRabz

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi Admins

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

My phone completely froze yesterday and for awhile I could get in and disable data and other features which seemed to help for awhile. Now I can't get the phone past that first SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII screen.

I have been trying to reboot to recovery mode using the power on button and the VOLUME UP button to the initial logo screen but all it does is continually reboot to the logo screen (if I hold buttons down) or if I release at first sign of the logo it just hangs and I have to remove the battery to try again.

Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

WazRabz

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Admins

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

My phone completely froze yesterday and for awhile I could get in and disable data and other features which seemed to help for awhile. Now I can't get the phone past that first SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII screen.

I have been trying to reboot to recovery mode using the power on button and the VOLUME UP button to the initial logo screen but all it does is continually reboot to the logo screen (if I hold buttons down) or if I release at first sign of the logo it just hangs and I have to remove the battery to try again.

Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

WazRabz

Try pulling the battery for about 10 minutes and try again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

WazRabz

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
GSDer

Yep. I got the Download screen up. Signs of life at last. I assume I choose Continue and download a custom OS?

?

If Recovery mode doesn't work then try Download mode (Home + Volume Down + Power).

WazRabz

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
So I am now at the Downloading screen with the Android icon but have been hanging here for 20 minutes now. Would that be normal?

thanks for the awesome advice so far.

WazRabz

GSDer

Yep. I got the Download screen up. Signs of life at last. I assume I choose Continue and download a custom OS?

?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Would that be normal?
Quite normal - it'll stay there until the battery dies or until you complete a firmware download. It's a good sign - means that the phone should be recoverable.

Follow the instructions provided by Golfdriver97 and if you're unsure where to get the stock firmware you can look here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner and download the latest version.

Kristina Keener

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having an issue. Everytime I hold the vol.up button + home+power itll pull up the blue list but underneath is all red saying error. Now it is stuck on samsung screen doing nothing. Please help me. This is my only means of a phone.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having an issue. Everytime I hold the vol.up button + home+power itll pull up the blue list but underneath is all red saying error. Now it is stuck on samsung screen doing nothing. Please help me. This is my only means of a phone.

Pull the battery for a few minutes and try rebooting normally. The error you are describing sounds like a bad recovery partition.

From a Cyan M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali