Hangouts vs LG messaging app, which do you prefer and why?

brianrdy

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't decide which app I want to use for messaging. Which one is generally better?

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think gosms is way better than both. I use hangouts for gtalk and it's ok. it would be nice to consolidate all my messaging apps, but gosms offers way more than hangouts

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data :)

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Before KK it was Textra because the default LG could not play individual ringtones for my contact. After KK it can, so I use the default. I like the background better than Textra, which really has none, other than a black one. I don't like what hangouts does with the contacts and makes all the plus ones take priority, but I guess they have to because, well, they are google.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I use hangouts, many folks already use hangouts and this way I have one app versus two. I do miss the pop up for texts through,

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

f4ipilot

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I use the Hangouts app. I like it much better than the stock LG app because it visually looks more appealing to me. I disliked the cartoonish bubbles on the stock LG messenger app as well as the amount of space that it placed between the messages. On the stock messenger with the keyboard on the screen I could only view the last post. The Hangouts app doesn't place a great amount of space between the messages so with the keyboard on the screen I can read that last 3 or 4 messages that were typed. This is just much more visually appealing to me.

Also the emoticons works with the Swiftkey keyboard in Hangouts!

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I hated the stock app. To me it was by far the worst out of any I have used on previous phones. I hate to admit it but I like Verizon messages and SwiftKey for a keyboard. The message program has lots of features I like and seemed to handle group messaging well unlike hangouts with sms enabled. It also syncs across multiple devices.

Posted via Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have literally tried almost all the third party SMS apps, textra, evolve, hello, handcent, go, Verizon, 8sms, yet I keep coming back to the stock one. All of them had one thing or another I just didn't like. My only complaint about the stock one is that the area you compose the message in is just too big, making it so you can only see some of the last message.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
hangouts consumed half my battery life. after freezing it my battery returned to normal. I use gosms and have been using it for almost 4 years. love it

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
gosms has a data messaging service as well. it's existed for as long as I've been using the app. it also raped my battery life.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Messages (in Playstore) allows you to have cross platform syncing of your text messages. Text from your phone or Tablet or PC and all get the texts. It does not incorporate or bring on your past texts, but starts from this point forward. I added it to my mom's Tablet, and she uses it to text from her Tablet, which in turn is using her basic 6 year old flip phone text allotment. Both get flip phone, and Tablet get the texts. And it had nice emoticons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy