Harder and harder to use my ChaCha

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am finding it harder and harder to continue using this phone as updates to apps get larger and larger. I only have the following installed on the phone:

• Facebook
  • Facebook Messenger
  • Google Voice
  • Google Maps
  • Google Translate
  • United Airlines

For some reason, on one device I gave away (an HTC Status) I could move Google Voice, Facebook Messenger, and Google Translate to the SD card. On the ChaCha device I can not.

I do not install updates to any of the other carrier installed bloatware (phone originally from Singtel) to save memory. But loosing so much memory to updates on other software is really frustrating. I have to keep my Facebook at the ancient un-updated version just to have enough memory to keep the device running.

Anyone have a solution for how to move Google Voice and Translate to the SD card? Or any other ways to free up memory on this device?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am finding it harder and harder to continue using this phone as updates to apps get larger and larger. I only have the following installed on the phone:

• Facebook
  • Facebook Messenger
  • Google Voice
  • Google Maps
  • Google Translate
  • United Airlines

For some reason, on one device I gave away (an HTC Status) I could move Google Voice, Facebook Messenger, and Google Translate to the SD card. On the ChaCha device I can not.

I do not install updates to any of the other carrier installed bloatware (phone originally from Singtel) to save memory. But loosing so much memory to updates on other software is really frustrating. I have to keep my Facebook at the ancient un-updated version just to have enough memory to keep the device running.

Anyone have a solution for how to move Google Voice and Translate to the SD card? Or any other ways to free up memory on this device?

Get an SD card and download this app:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd&token=nAPJIJof

Move as much as you can from the phone to the SD card.

Let me know if this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky