Has anyone else experienced this with their photos like a day or two after being taken?

Infernalblaze

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I have never seen that. I looks like a photo that someone tried to download and it didn't download all the way. Are you using a sd card? Maybe that could play a factor.

sanch3z90

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have to say I have never seen that. I looks like a photo that someone tried to download and it didn't download all the way. Are you using a sd card? Maybe that could play a factor.

Yes, I use a 64gig samsung sd card. However it doesn't happen to all the pictures just to recently taken ones, its weird.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I use a 64gig samsung sd card. However it doesn't happen to all the pictures just to recently taken ones, its weird.

Do you have your pictures backing up to Google Plus?

Recently taken pictures being glitched like that is an indication of a failing SD card. The old ones were written before the problem cropped up so probably (important word, that "probably") won't be affected.

Step 1: Back up all the good pictures. Do it NOW.
Step 2: Reformat the card. Or, with the cost of 64GB cards, replace it if your pictures are important to you.
Step 3: If the problem comes back on the existing card, you probably have a bad card. If the problem comes back on a new card, something is wrong with your phone.

sanch3z90

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Recently taken pictures being glitched like that is an indication of a failing SD card. The old ones were written before the problem cropped up so probably (important word, that "probably") won't be affected.

Step 2: Reformat the card. Or, with the cost of 64GB cards, replace it if your pictures are important to you.
Step 3: If the problem comes back on the existing card, you probably have a bad card. If the problem comes back on a new card, something is wrong with your phone.

It makes sense, since I recently bought the card. Thanks!

sanch3z90

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

By any chance what would be the fastest way to back up my photos so I can reformat the sd card?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have a card reader, just pull the SD card and copy the files off to a computer.

If not, plug your phone into a computer using a USB cable and copy them that way.

If you have your pictures set to automatically back up at full quality on Google Plus, just check to make sure they all got backed up and don't worry about it.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Don't use the same SD card. Formatting it won't FIX it. I had a card do the same thing. Get a new card (really surprised a Samsung card would go bad but get another one, they ARE better than the other ones).

Posted via the awesomest phone EVER...the Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones