Has anyone gotten the sideloading update yet?

bman333

May 27, 2011
Visit site
so ive called twice today since i havent received that update and everyday i am getting it pushed to me supposedly.

i know people are showing their web chat, but for those that are/haveing success while calling in can you give examples of what you are saying to the tech?

its gotten to the point where i call in explain i have an htc inspire and am trying to get the 3rd party app/ sideloading update sent to my phone via their xdm tool. at this time they typically starting calling it a software update when i tell them my software is 2.2 and up to date and that i am trying to get pushed to me an update that will alllow me to check/uncheck an unkown sources option on the phone under settings-apps.

each and every one of them seem to have an AHA moment tell me they arent authorized but will get someone who can send it to me to do so. i stay on the line typically and then they "send" me something i guess and call me on my landline and have me turn the phone off then on and see if its there....

im tempted to keep calling every hour or so and get someone new until they know what im looking for.

--for those saying to root id rather not at this moment i dont mind it being stock however i bought this phone after coming on here/other forums and seeing that this was being unlocked i have only had it for 2 weeks or so and will say this unlock was a factor in my purchase.

wacat

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with tech support tonight and it actually worked! I've been trying to get it for days and finally got an educated rep. She told me she'd get a manager to push it and less than 30 seconds later I got the message to complete the setup by pushing ok. Sounds like we pestered them enough to finally get the chat techs educated.

Bluegrassman

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I contacted chat support while eating lunch today. by the time I finished lunch, I had the update. there was no text message or confirmation. just looked after lunch and the new option was there.

CousinEddie61

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Suprtrukr245. That worked. Same issue with the wallpapers, but a quick restart took care of that.

Here's hoping I NEVER have to contact AT&T support again. Not blaming the reps that answer the phones at all. Most of them really tried to help. AT&T pretty much left them in the dark about this, and when they finally told them about it, the process to send the update was a crapshoot.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
o

Still waiting? Check this out from XDA. [EXPLOIT] Unlock The "Unkown Sources" Option - xda-developers

Worked for me, only side effect was a few missing wallpapers, and a restart needed to be able to change them.

Wow!! I had already given up on this update...and I tried what you said, it was so simple and most importantly, IT WORKED!!!!

My wallpaper changed to the default, besides that is there anything else I have to look for that may have reset? Just to know what I have to go back and put what it was :) Thank youuuuuu

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow!! I had already given up on this update...and I tried what you said, it was so simple and most importantly, IT WORKED!!!!

My wallpaper changed to the default, besides that is there anything else I have to look for that may have reset? Just to know what I have to go back and put what it was :) Thank youuuuuu

I had to reset my phone to get it to let me change the wallpaper. There were a few stock wallpapers missing, not a problem to me since my favorite was still there. I had to change my ringtone back to what it was, and it seemed as if a few sync options for a couple apps had reset. Other than that everything has been working just fine.:)

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay I need someone to give me there software version number who has the push update so I can give it to HTC and have them send me the update for sideloading. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick