Has anyone gotten the sideloading update yet?

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the update? I'm still waiting and trying to get it.

Honestly, I did nothing. I checked several times yesterday and this morning (and the day before, and the day before, etc.) for the "unknown sources" option, but nothing. Then I restarted my phone for the 30th or so time and there it was. Just a matter of patience, I guess.

weezel

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
got it NE Florida. guess the third time was the charm. went to live chat online, as he was typing it was on my phone. about 2 min with live chat. :)

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Spent about 30 minutes on the phone with somebody last night. The good thing is the rep immediately knew what I was talking about. She also said they have a link they go to to push out the update for those of us who didn't get the update by May 25. She tried several times to push the update to me, but she said it kept kicking her out of the system. She seemed extremely frustrated that she couldn't get it to work, apologized to me several times and recommended I try going to an AT&T store to see if they could do it.

So, the good news is AT&T has finally informed their call center reps about the update and has given them a process to update the phones. The bad news is the process may not always work.

CCRs have to keep track of 17 unique passwords, when I got the update the poor girl had to try three different passwords to get into the system.

wacat

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I called in three times today. The first rep said it should have been pushed to my phone on May 16 but then said I wasn't eligible because I had Android 2.2 and it was only for 2.1 and below! I hung up and go a female who then told me she didn't know anything about the update and to contact HTC. I then called back and got a third person who agreed that requiring below 2.2 made no sense but then saw the notes on my account to call HTC and he said that he couldn't help me and to call HTC. Basically bc of the note they would always tell me to call HTC

Anyway, I did the temp SuperOneClick root as described in another thread and it took less than 30 seconds. I restarted and my phone is no longer rooted and I can install whatever I want. Something to consider for those who are impatient like I am.

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I called in three times today. The first rep said it should have been pushed to my phone on May 16 but then said I wasn't eligible because I had Android 2.2 and it was only for 2.1 and below! I hung up and go a female who then told me she didn't know anything about the update and to contact HTC. I then called back and got a third person who agreed that requiring below 2.2 made no sense but then saw the notes on my account to call HTC and he said that he couldn't help me and to call HTC. Basically bc of the note they would always tell me to call HTC

Anyway, I did the temp SuperOneClick root as described in another thread and it took less than 30 seconds. I restarted and my phone is no longer rooted and I can install whatever I want. Something to consider for those who are impatient like I am.

I'm scared to see what my account notes are now.

Ricenchicken

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll be posting info on my journey from chatting.

Currently got transfered to BDS to get help, he seems like he knows what he is doing.

lets hope

Edit: This department didnt have the log in for the tool so hes moving me to another department.

Edit2: was told to remove battery and turn phone off, couldn't get the battery out so i had to tell a fib XD.

Last edited:

jdawest

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I finally got mine. The lady from tech support that I talked to over the weekend was going to do it then, but said the system was updated and she would push it when it was fixed. 3 days later, she calls me and tells me she has pushed it. Sure enough, I have it now. Couldn't have got a nicer rep.

Reactions: raver_returns

ajacob1979

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I live in the Los Angeles area and hadn't received the update as of this morning. Because I'm at work I decided to use AT&T's online chat application for customer service. My rep was nice, professional, prompt, and solved the issue right away. She completely understood my request and never once questioned me or offered resistance. The update was pushed to my phone and worked immediately. It's nice to see that not all customer service reps are as bad as advertised!

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be posting info on my journey from chatting.

Currently got transfered to BDS to get help, he seems like he knows what he is doing.

lets hope

Edit: This department didnt have the log in for the tool so hes moving me to another department.

Edit2: was told to remove battery and turn phone off, couldn't get the battery out so i had to tell a fib XD.

Quickest way to pull battery door off: get your nail under the lid at the volume rocker, not at that stupid notch.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
o

when going on the chat what exactly do ask?

I still have not gotten anything and I was going to live with it but I am tired of downloading stuff from the amazon app store and not being able to install them

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
when going on the chat what exactly do ask?

I still have not gotten anything and I was going to live with it but I am tired of downloading stuff from the amazon app store and not being able to install them

Tell them you want them to manually push you the update to allow you to install apps from unknown sources. It sounds like most of the reps are familiar with it now that there has been so many people contacting them about it.

Reactions: palegoldlizard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick