Has the Dec/Jan update made a difference??

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It has for me. Happy to report my reception issues I had in the December patch seem to have been fixed. Was on 5G constantly when I was out, so very happy to have that back.

It's better than it was on the November patch as well. Only thing, and I'm not certain yet, but I think battery might be worse but hard to tell so early into the patch. I'll see how it goes.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Another bug not fixed - the vibration indicator only being viewable when the notification shade is pulled down.
We reported that during Android 12 beta and it seems Google doesn't think it's a bug and seems to be the way it is intended now. I don't like it, personally.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
We reported that during Android 12 beta and it seems Google doesn't think it's a bug and seems to be the way it is intended now. I don't like it, personally.
Well I'd accept that except for the fact that it randomly happens with the mute indicator too. Not consistently, and not reproducible on command, but it happens. I can't imagine Google would intend for the user to not see the phone is muted.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
It has for me. Happy to report my reception issues I had in the December patch seem to have been fixed. Was on 5G constantly when I was out, so very happy to have that back.

It's better than it was on the November patch as well. Only thing, and I'm not certain yet, but I think battery might be worse but hard to tell so early into the patch. I'll see how it goes.

Same here. It seems that the battery life is a touch worse unfortunately.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
My thumb can do it like 8 out 10 times but my index 10/10 lol guess better prints

My thumb always gets scratches and scraped up and the skin gets roughed up towards the tip after doing work. It seems to affect the reading. If I don't do anything work wise with my hands for a day or 2 and really pamper it with moisturizer etc. the FP scanner is pretty much flawless, albeit a little slow, but very consistent and accurate . Work with your hands (mechanic/ labor work) and it gets much less consistent. That's been my observation at least.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My thumb always gets scratches and scraped up and the skin gets roughed up towards the tip after doing work. It seems to affect the reading. If I don't do anything work wise with my hands for a day or 2 and really pamper it with moisturizer etc. the FP scanner is pretty much flawless, albeit a little slow, but very consistent and accurate . Work with your hands (mechanic/ labor work) and it gets much less consistent. That's been my observation at least.
Yeah true , I try to wear gloves but sometimes u can't for work on certain things .

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of conflicting info. I just bought an unlocked 6 Pro but am on Verizon. I did this bc I might leave Verizon later this year. Are they getting updates automatically or do they need to flashed each time?

Can anyone using Verizon with an unlocked phone confirm if they are getting automatic updates or not?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of conflicting info. I just bought an unlocked 6 Pro but am on Verizon. I did this bc I might leave Verizon later this year. Are they getting updates automatically or do they need to flashed each time?

Can anyone using Verizon with an unlocked phone confirm if they are getting automatic updates or not?

Not sure about Verizon, but I have AT&T with an unlocked Pixel 6 Pro bought from the play store and I get the updates OTA as soon as they're available.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I have the Pixel 6. I haven't had any problems with it, before or after the January update. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the fingerprint reader, but that's because my fingerprints are old and worn out ... it didn't work on my Pixel 2 either. I sure wish they had face unlock!

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought my P6 from google store and put my Verizon SIM in it. I had to sideload the first (November) update to get the phone on the correct Verizon update track. After that, I got updates over the air as expected.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I am on VZW and have an unlocked P6 Pro. I have not had to sideload anything. My device was working well before the January update and is even better now. The only problem I had before was Google Assistant randomly opening up for no apparent reason. Fixed now.