Has the Dec/Jan update made a difference??

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed much difference but mine was fine before the update, P6P on Verizon. The one thing I DID notice after the update was that when pulling down notifications, the time is finally always visible! Geez, that bugged the heck out of me that they made it disappear when pulling down notifications.

HighwayBob

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
I never got the December update. Must have been pulled before it got to me.

I had no issues with my 6 except for the fact that the fingerprint "target" on the screen would sometimes not show up, forcing me to either tap the screen a few times or tap the power button to get it to appear. A real pain. The January update seems to have fixed this but introduced a Bluetooth issue where I can connect a BT device as usual but audio does not get streamed over the BT connection and would come out of the Pixel internal speakers.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hoping that Google opts for face id in a future update. FPS has improved but for anyone that regularly works with their hands thumbprint is not ideal. Fingerprint seems to change daily with hands being chewed up lol

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
hoping that google opts for face id in a future update. Fps has improved but for anyone that regularly works with their hands thumbprint is not ideal. Fingerprint seems to change daily with hands being chewed up lol

Exactly this!!! You win!!!! That is what it really comes down to in my experience.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hoping that Google opts for face id in a future update. FPS has improved but for anyone that regularly works with their hands thumbprint is not ideal. Fingerprint seems to change daily with hands being chewed up lol
Exactly this!!! You win!!!! That is what it really comes down to in my experience.
Yeah thats what brosko and I was talking about

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
As I said on the update thread, I can't tell the difference.

After watching one of those YouTube tips to increase battery life, I changed the cellular from 5G to LTE and the next few days my data would sometimes cuts out for a minute.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, this is different. I was so happy there wasn't a confirmation whenever I turn off my data since day one on my Verizon P6P and after the Jan. update, there is one now. That's been a ridiculous thing (pretty sure it's Verizon's spin) for over a decade and it drives me nuts that I can't just tap a box to never show again or something similar. :mad:

0MJ1qMU.png

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is different. I was so happy there wasn't a confirmation whenever I turn off my data since day one on my Verizon P6P and after the Jan. update, there is one now. That's been a ridiculous thing (pretty sure it's Verizon's spin) for over a decade and it drives me nuts that I can't just tap a box ro never show again or something similar. :mad:

0MJ1qMU.png

Hmm, related to this? https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/5/22818783/verizon-app-data-collection-browsing-history

"Are you sure? You won't be able to let us monitor your browsing habits. Pleeeeeeze won't you reconsider?":p

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, related to this? https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/5/22818783/verizon-app-data-collection-browsing-history

"Are you sure? You won't be able to let us monitor your browsing habits. Pleeeeeeze won't you reconsider?":p

Yeah, I turned off all that stuff the day it was first mentioned in the news. I might just use my VPN all the time instead of just when connected to WiFi. I never just leave location on, either. I only allow it for the time an app requires it and then make sure it's off afterwards.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I found that if I followed the directions and registered all sides of my thumbprint I don't have any issues using it, no matter which part is directly on the sensor.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing that after the update, when my phone is on 5G it gets quite a bit warmer than it used to.

The battery gets guzzled to.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It has fixed most of the things that were bothering me. I think the few remaining ones are likely Android 12 and not specific to the P6. I don't love the phone, but I am not actively looking to replace it at the moment. I'm open to something new if it wow's me.