Have youbeen having battery issues?

Ruchi td

May 5, 2013
Visit site
For you have a good amount of screen time your battery isn't to bad.. The weak data hurts sure. However you can't compare yours to the "fitmom" user because her phone was on wifi.. 24/7 for those battery stats so that explains why hers was so extended.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

You are probably right, but my screen usage is totally unrealistic. 70-80% screen usage is phoney to me espcecially when my phone screen was off all night...Other people's screens are only taking up 40-50 percent of their battery usage. My phone has been on battery for 10 hours now and the charge is down to 5%...

Ruchi td

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with it. To begin with the battery life wasn't as good as expected but after using a battery Monitor and seeing which apps were using the battery I rectified the problem.

I think people are expecting the battery to last an unrealistic amount of time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

How much are you getting out of your battery life? All my features are switched off so what really then is the point of getting the much touted S4 when I cant use any of the features. The phone should atleast last a full day close to 15-16 hours with a beast of a battery like that.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey OP, you are going to get a lot of 1d+ pics from several users. Pay attention to those users pics. Those screenshots will show that they use the S4 as a glorified iPod TOUCH.

If you have a weak 4G in your town, you will lose a hellish amount of battery life. also, if you make phone calls, you will lose a lot of battery. You used Pandora? That requires a signal to get the data. That will kill your battery.

If you go to non fanboy sites, even go to the official Sprint forums, it's pretty much confirmed what I had feared; the S4 has a weak cell radio in it.

Oh, one more trick, most of the 1d+ users, have the screen set to auto, or all the way down, have apps that kill most of the function, and they shut off most of the stuff when not used. Like, no syncing email, airplane mode when not online, etc.

This is coming from a very jaded Ex Samsung Fanboy, with a family of ex fanboys. Wife, kids, and best friend have had every Samsung Android phone out, plus the Instincts before them.

In other words, if you use your S4 like an iPod Touch, or a dumb phone, you will get a great battery life, with 4+ hours of screen time, if you use it as a phone or internet device, your battery will suck. It's better than the S3, and much better than the S2, but that's about it.

Wait for the fangs to come out and flame me, but just look at the screen shots.... The truth is there.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
It is odd that you have such high screen time but nothing in your the list would be using screen time aside form whatsapp. I'm sure you have other apps in the list if you could scroll down and take another screen shot but their amount of usage would be super low. Which makes me wonder if something is causing the screen to turn on and you aren't realizing it?

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
How much are you getting out of your battery life? All my features are switched off so what really then is the point of getting the much touted S4 when I cant use any of the features. The phone should atleast last a full day close to 15-16 hours with a beast of a battery like that.

I don't use a lot of the features because they annoy the heck out of me. However I tend to use my phone for browsing the net etc for quite a lot of the day and I would consider the battery acceptable. I probably get around 15-16 on average with 5-6 hours screen time.

I obviously do notice that apps such as games do kill the battery however and would reduce them times significantly

Obviously this isn't as good as the days where you could go 3 days without a charge but I've come to accept that, that will probably never happen

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2