hdmi mini no audio?

Daft Wader

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I still have an audio problem or lack of audio problem. Playing back the free film on the Nexus 10 directly attached to Panasonic TV with cable. I bought a different 2nd cable (the Bluerigger some posters recommended), downloaded the free Soundabout (but am not keen on downloading the required full version if no one has experienced success by using it), tried switching on/off, tried pressing the speaker symbol as suggested. I think it was Soundabout which allows me now to hear sound through the Nexus when playing the film, but that isn't loud enough for a family viewing.
Anyone tried the full version of Soundabout? Or any other suggestions?

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
You're not alone.
I cannot for the life of me get the audio to work on my Panny 42" Plasma (TC-P42S30). Video's fine but no audio. I tried the exact same setup on my Sony 36" LCD and the picture and audio are outstanding. From this I conclude that 1) the uHDMI to HDMI cable I am using is operable; 2) the Nexus HDMI is functional. Still having a hard time getting to the point where I can believe my 1 year-old Panasonic TV has non-standard HDMI ports. The television has three HDMI inputs and all three are non-funcional. Until now, I have never hooked up anything to the HDMI ports. This TV's gonna have to go on Craigslist if I can't figure this thing out.

ETA: Spent a bunch more time going over the television's HDMI setup. It's set up properly but no audio on this television. Went through making sure the Audio HDMI selection is 'digital' (you can run audio through analog cables if you have that option from your sending device), made sure Viera link was off (it was already off) ,etc etc. Nothing. Hook it up to my Sony - no problem works every time.

Last edited:

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Another Panasonic user who can't get audio. I am using a 3 or 4 ft cable that I bought from Monoprice. I held the power button down and the speaker was muted, so I enable it. Still no joy. I tried plugging a head phone, but no workie on the TV, only from the headphones. I downloaded the Soundabout app, but it didn't help.

I suppose I could try the BlueRigger cable, but I'm inclined to believe it is a Panasonic problem. Has anyone gotten audio to work with the BlueRigger cable on a Panasonic TV?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
ETA: Spent a bunch more time going over the television's HDMI setup. It's set up properly but no audio on this television. Went through making sure the Audio HDMI selection is 'digital' (you can run audio through analog cables if you have that option from your sending device), made sure Viera link was off (it was already off) ,etc etc. Nothing. Hook it up to my Sony - no problem works every time.

I dont know if this applies to your situation, I have/had a piece of equipment where the Digital input for audio refred to the fiberoptic audio input.

Also for those observing this problem Do you have your N10s plugged into the power supply or ar ethey running off the battery. I have only tested with battery power

syddp

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Another Panasonic user who can't get audio. I am using a 3 or 4 ft cable that I bought from Monoprice. I held the power button down and the speaker was muted, so I enable it. Still no joy. I tried plugging a head phone, but no workie on the TV, only from the headphones. I downloaded the Soundabout app, but it didn't help.

I suppose I could try the BlueRigger cable, but I'm inclined to believe it is a Panasonic problem. Has anyone gotten audio to work with the BlueRigger cable on a Panasonic TV?

Found this: Amazon.com: Wrigleyville Dave's review of BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI c...

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar issue. The video is fine however the audio feed seems horribly slow and has a bit of an noise that plays over top of the audio. I tried several different cables on two different brand TVs and no luck. Tried different sources, different players and nothing changed. I used the same set up with my galaxy nexus and had zero issue.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
There is handshaking that occurs when you connect the tablet and the TV. Apparently the handshaking is failing. Doing some google searching finds that Panasonic TV's also have problems with PS3's and some ASUS tablets. The thread I read on PS3's didn't have a resolution. I think the ASUS problems were fixed with software updates on the tablets.

I have submitted a question to Panasonic, should get an answer in 72 hours.

I have only tried the connection with Play Movies. Can someone recommend a different movie player that might work?

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Not just movie players. I've tried Netflix, TED talks, YouTube ... No audio on any of those with my Panny.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, my question to Panasonic was rejected because it didn't 'meet there guide lines'. There link to the site guidelines didn't work so I gave up that approach. I did an online chat which was equally as worthless. Panasonic doesn't have much support, no wonder they are having financial troubles.

Justin Wortham

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Another Panasonic user having the same issues. I tested my cable with my Motorola RAZR and it work fine. Video seems to works perfectly except the top and bottom of the screen are cut off a little. I have tried turning off and on the tablet and muting the sound, but it still does not work.

Hopefully either Panasonic or Google find an answer soon. :'(

Justin Wortham

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Another Panasonic user having the same issues. I tested my cable with my Motorola RAZR and it work fine. Video seems to works perfectly except the top and bottom of the screen are cut off a little. I have tried turning off and on the tablet and muting the sound, but it still does not work.

Hopefully either Panasonic or Google find an answer soon. :'(

I just tried with my samsung tv and it worked fine.

phipiper10

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
No audio on Panasonic but works fine with vizio TV, seems to be a Panasonic issue. I also have an issue with audio when using a compatible Panasonic camera for Skype. The common thread seemed to be the Panasonic TV and not the camera. The camera and audio had previously worked. I believe the only change was a firmware update for the TV. Hopefully they will have an additional update that will resolve this audio handshake issue.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I submitted a question on the Panasonic web site. My question was rejected with a link to site guidelines. Unfortunately the link didn't work. Then I did a web chat with someone who questioned what cable I was using and suggested that I reset my new TV which works with other devices. Totally frustrating experience. Today I got an email that said there was an answer to my question. I was excited and clicked on the link,. Sadly it only took me to some advertising spam from Panasonic, but had no answer to my question. There was a link to comment on Panasonic support, but it only allowed an limited number of charters, so really couldn't express my feelings completely. Based on my experience so far don't hope for much help from Panasonic.

In contrast I called Google Play help and although they had no answer they agreed to check further and follow up. Much better experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid