Headphone controls?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You guys should go wireless, beats by dre wireless and works flawlessly with my evo lte and im sure they will just as great once i get my Htc one. No problems here what so ever. :thumbup::D

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My soul by ludicrous headphone work fine with play music..... Play, pause, skip and previous all work. Same on poweramp. On the stock player only pause and play work. So I'll venture to say the stock app doesn't support it.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My soul by ludicrous headphone work fine with play music..... Play, pause, skip and previous all work. Same on poweramp. On the stock player only pause and play work. So I'll venture to say the stock app doesn't support it.

Does volume buttons work?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does volume buttons work?

No volume doesnt work. Volume also didn't work on my nexus 4 or gs3 but it did work on my iPhone. Bases on my experience i wouldnt single it out to this device. Just inconsistent across devices and apps.

raoden

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I just posted this on another thread as well. I think this thread is more appropriate...

I have been searching for headphones with 3 buttons that work well with Android as well. Based on my reading apparently there are 2 headphone standards. OMTP and CTIA. I believe the OMTP ones are used by many android mfrs. CTIA is used by Apple. Most headphone manufacturers target CTIA and not OMTP. Which is causing the volume up and down to not work or so I read...

Does anyone know if the HTC One's headset jack is OMTP or CTIA?

I found a head phone manufacturer who supports both iDevices and Android devices. See Frequently Asked Questions | Degauss Labs. Degausslabs calls it i-plug/x-plug. This manufacturer is based in Sweden. I am trying to find a main stream manufacturer in the US. As returns will be easier if there is an issue...

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just posted this on another thread as well. I think this thread is more appropriate...

I have been searching for headphones with 3 buttons that work well with Android as well. Based on my reading apparently there are 2 headphone standards. OMTP and CTIA. I believe the OMTP ones are used by many android mfrs. CTIA is used by Apple. Most headphone manufacturers target CTIA and not OMTP. Which is causing the volume up and down to not work or so I read...

Does anyone know if the HTC One's headset jack is OMTP or CTIA?

I found a head phone manufacturer who supports both iDevices and Android devices. See Frequently Asked Questions | Degauss Labs. Degausslabs calls it i-plug/x-plug. This manufacturer is based in Sweden. I am trying to find a main stream manufacturer in the US. As returns will be easier if there is an issue...

Just posted this in another thread, but it seems it could be useful hear.
Klipsch makes a version of their Image S4 headphones for Android devices (the Image S4A). They make an app called Klipsch Control that enables 3 button control on Android with their headphones. It may be worth seeing if it works with other brands as well.

raoden

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Just posted this in another thread, but it seems it could be useful hear.
Klipsch makes a version of their Image S4 headphones for Android devices (the Image S4A). They make an app called Klipsch Control that enables 3 button control on Android with their headphones. It may be worth seeing if it works with other brands as well.

I thought the Klipsch S4A had a single button remote and the Klipsch control app allows this one button to be configured. If this app allows 3 button control on Android will it make the Klipsch S4i (which is made for Apple devices) work with Android phones?? Sorry I am a little confused.

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought the Klipsch S4A had a single button remote and the Klipsch control app allows this one button to be configured. If this app allows 3 button control on Android will it make the Klipsch S4i (which is made for Apple devices) work with Android phones?? Sorry I am a little confused.

No will not work apple headset will only work with the center button.

Try nocs ns200h

Make sure the model number has the "h" in 200h.
That's 3 buttons work on android and they have a free app too

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I use Bose MIE2 in ear headphone with my phones, and I love them..sound quality and comfort is just unmatched...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It seems that indeed 3 buttons on mic haven't been applied to android usage for whatever reason. No one here has still claimed to have a 3 button remote mic that works with the 3 buttons. All companies I have seen so far that have android an iPhone versions have different remotes, one with one button and the other one with 3, respectively

- - - Updated - - -

I use the Ultimate Ears 350VM - made specifically for android. Doesn't have 3 buttons, but has a volume slider that works very well. Also has working mic for phone calls. Added some comply foam cushions and these sound great!

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-985-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2720720

Beats, Bose and all the major companies should adopt this idea

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems that indeed 3 buttons on mic haven't been applied to android usage for whatever reason. No one here has still claimed to have a 3 button remote mic that works with the 3 buttons. All companies I have seen so far that have android an iPhone versions have different remotes, one with one button and the other one with 3, respectively

- - - Updated - - -

Beats, Bose and all the major companies should adopt this idea

Read my post above.

suhebygu.jpg

Htc solo htc ur beats
Nokia purity hd and inear (it says windows phone but android phones like htc work on it ) all three buttons
And Nocs ns200h

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29