Headphone controls?

Braddevans

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I think all headphones that work with apple work with the HTC one at least I have tried beats skullcandy and even apple earpods all work with pause and play

raoden

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok I just received the Nocs 200h. It has 3 buttons and the box says compatible with HTC. I am pleased and start trying it out...

The sound is ok. But the problem is the Nocs app to configure the buttons just does not work as I want it to. I want the top/bottom button for Volume up/down and the center button for pause/play. I set this up in the configuration. The first time I press the top/bottom button it controls the volume. From the second time onwards it skips the track. I don't understand why headphone control is such a big problem for Android. I am extremely happy with my purchase of HTC One (and Android) but this is one annoying issue which limits my music usage!

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just received the Nocs 200h. It has 3 buttons and the box says compatible with HTC. I am pleased and start trying it out...

The sound is ok. But the problem is the Nocs app to configure the buttons just does not work as I want it to. I want the top/bottom button for Volume up/down and the center button for pause/play. I set this up in the configuration. The first time I press the top/bottom button it controls the volume. From the second time onwards it skips the track. I don't understand why headphone control is such a big problem for Android. I am extremely happy with my purchase of HTC One (and Android) but this is one annoying issue which limits my music usage!

That's htc for you bc galaxy s and Sony use those buttons as volume up and down

raoden

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
That's htc for you bc galaxy s and Sony use those buttons as volume up and down

Do you have any other suggestions for headphones to use on my ONE that work fine (meaning center button is play/pause, answer/hangup. top and bottom buttons are for volume up and down)?

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any other suggestions for headphones to use on my ONE that work fine (meaning center button is play/pause, answer/hangup. top and bottom buttons are for volume up and down)?

It's not a hardware issue. It's a software issue. Htc for some reason has the two buttons as skip .
If you use the same headphone on galaxy s 3 or 4 it work as volume.

I don't know why as open as android is we can't pick how map the buttons

raoden

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok now I downloaded Winamp for android and with the Headphone control app everything is working as it should. But the problem is if Winamp is not in foreground the remote controls the default music app that HTC provides. Is there anyway to override that?

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Just in updated
All headphones I mention work has 3 button and. Mic all 3 buttons work and mic

-Nokia purity hd and inear
-htc beats solo and htc urbeats
- souls SL99s (inear)
-nocs ns 200h (inear)

Also just so every one knows Nokia Lumia,Htc Samsung galaxy ,Sony all use Industry-standard headphone jack. So basically that means any headphones that works for one works for all.
The reason I know is because I tested in AT&T store. I own the Nokia purityhd and htc urbeats.

highertechnology

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Please help me understand this.

Transitioning from an iPhone and some of these things arent making sense to me.

So, with the correct headphones you may be able to get play/pause, skip forward/skip backward.

But you cannot get play/pause, skip forward/backward and volume with ANY headphones?

Thanks

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Please help me understand this.

Transitioning from an iPhone and some of these things arent making sense to me.

So, with the correct headphones you may be able to get play/pause, skip forward/skip backward.

But you cannot get play/pause, skip forward/backward and volume with ANY headphones?

Thanks
Using my made for iPhone Shure earbuds the play/pause will work, but volume will not.

highertechnology

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Right I tried my Klipsch S4i headphones for iphone also and had no luck with volume. I was just questioning if any headphones were found that do all 3 functions play/pause, forward/back and volume. I have seen the S4A's but it looks like those do not have volume.

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Right I tried my Klipsch S4i headphones for iphone also and had no luck with volume. I was just questioning if any headphones were found that do all 3 functions play/pause, forward/back and volume. I have seen the S4A's but it looks like those do not have volume.

So you want headphones that work on htc that do same thing as iPhone. The htc headphones or headphone work with (3buttons) won't do that because of htc. They wanted to keep the 2end buttons as skip. And center play/pause. If they did what gs4 did then it work as iPhone headphone does

iphonedefecter

May 2, 2013
Visit site
At least this all makes sense, I'm an iPhone user who's crossed over - but wondered if all my headphones had gone ka-poot - I can live with it though.

ap77

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
It has got to be something that the One/Sense is doing on the software side. I'm using Nocs, which worked perfectly on my Nexus with Headset Button Control configured for the forward/back buttons to work as volume control. On the One, it will recognize the three buttons, and in the general OS, I can even use the buttons to control OS volume. But when you enter a music app, something in the phone is overriding those settings and it is forcing those buttons to skip/go back. Very, very annoying since I want those configured as volume.