Headphone jack not working at all

haibanegatsu

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Solution (for me): There was lint in headphone jack so I bent the end of a pin with some pliers and ripped it out. Just make sure you use a flashlight so you don't do damage to any of the prongs.

I also took an alcohol wipe (get them at a pharmacy) and pushed it down there with a paperclip to clean off all the prongs. Works like new :)

Unicornninja963

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
good to know im not the only one! it wont work no matter what i do on my Huawei Ascend 2 but the thing is, its a TracPhone cuz i dont have to pay allot for bills and anyway, what do i do? theres no lint and i pushed it in all the way. it has to be postioned a certain way but then i have to hold there and the slightest movement makes it play our loud again :'(

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yo...Thanks for the info. My son was freakin out because his headphone jack wasn't working after giving the phone to my wife and running his marathon. I guess she needs to clean out her purse because it was lint or something else down in the headphone jack.

THANK YOU!

wolffie9

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my Android from a very small distance while the headphones were plugged in, but it probably landed on the headphone side and something is bent slightly. After reading all the posts and fiddling about a little I discovered that if I put not very great down-pressure on the jack while it was plugged in it worked. I then got a medium sized document clip and attached it both to the jack end (plugged in) and the Android's cover. All is well. It just means carrying around a small extra bit of tackle. I hope this works for somebody.

TedMichon

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I never would have believed that the jack was contaminated. I examined the jack using high tech illuminated scope, but could not see a problem. I tried compress air with no result. Then I tried scraping the jack contacts (blindly!) with a paper clip. Success! I could both listen with 3 pin headphones (for the first time) and the speaker silenced (for the first time). Until now, the speaker continued to play and no signal went to the plugged-in device.

-Ted

Ballybocko

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Just fixed it today thanks to this thread. Headphones (on Samsung Galaxy s3) wouldn't fit into the jack receptor. Flashlight showed something white at bottom of receptor. Used paperclip, scratched and dug out a lump of lint. Works perfect now. Cheers.

Wilhem86

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
i made an account here just to say whoever posted about the lint lmfao your a god ... miones been messed uo for 2 weeks and its brand new.. got a super small peice of lint out and bang works fine..lmao you could barley see it.. thanx:-*

Did the same, just made an account to thank the person of the paperclip tip.

I was very skeptical but it worked too!!! As they said, by using clip, the smallest piece of lint came and now the jack works PERFECTLY!!! I'm astonished!!!

Send them to repair before for the same problem, hope I had made this internet research before paying 20 bucks.

And again, the person of the paper clip is A GOD! THANKS A LOT!!! :D

zaidi328

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
i have motorola driod razor.my cell handfree not working properly ...in a song the music is clear but there is no siger sound ..but in call handfree working ok..help me plz

LG_ARISTO

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I have tried all these things to no avail. However I did drop it twice on the street. Both times it was in a hard case which unsnapped upon impact. Could this have damaged the jack and, if so, can it be replaced?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffbbtopnhacai