Headset jack issue in DL09

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So one of the fixes listed for DL09 was "music player now pauses when you unplug headphones", but did anyone notice that in DL09 the music player now opens itself and starts playing music, when you plug your headphones in, regardless of whether the player app was open or not? :mad:

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I didn't notice it before but I just tried it and yep, same thing happens with me. Music Player was never running to begin with, and when I plugged in headphones the music player popped up. I also noticed that after closing it, it popped back up a second time.

BOO!!

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been testing this new "fix" they advertised - this one was important to me because one of the things my husband got me for Christmas was that he had my Navi's stereo hard wired to a headphone plug so I just plug it into my headphone jack when I get in the car now and get to listen to my entire music collection through my stereo while cruising down the road. I hated that the music kept playing when I unplugged it to leave my car and was really excited about this new fix that was supposed to make the music pause when the headphone jack was unplugged, but its a no go for me :-( Music still plays after I've unplugged it....really bummed. I haven't noticed the native music player turning on yet when plugged in - that would really get annoying because I don't even use the native music player, I am a Player Pro lover. One thing I have noticed is that if I have been playing music recently between the time I go to plug in the headphone jack in my car it will start up Player Pro where it left off, but not pop up the native music player, just start playing the music again, but again, sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you use the stock app?

Wow, do I feel like a ditz! What do ya know - the native music app pauses when you unplug the headphone jack.... I guess I might have to start using that for my music instead or just beg the Dev of Player Pro to implement that into his app.

EDIT: Nevermind, Player Pro already has that feature, I just didn't have it active....ya for me, but I need to go air up now :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It also works with PowerAmp if you want to check that program out. Not sure about other programs. The thing I hate about the stock app is that it shows every single music file on your SD card, including ringtones if you have them. At least with PowerAmp and some of the other programs, you can pick and choose which folders you want to include.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It also works with PowerAmp if you want to check that program out. Not sure about other programs. The thing I hate about the stock app is that it shows every single music file on your SD card, including ringtones if you have them. At least with PowerAmp and some of the other programs, you can pick and choose which folders you want to include.

That's exactly why I use Player Pro - to weed out the folders I don't want in my music collection. Its pretty annoying to have it on party shuffle and have it playing your ringtones in between songs. By the way, I've always wondered what the difference is between party shuffle and shuffle all? Anyone know?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I haven't figured that out myself. My guess is Party Shuffle takes into account the type of music each song is and filters it to play more Dance-friendly music.