Help! I dropped my phone!

Josiah Sweetnam

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Help! I just dropped my phone on the ground, and now the screen is all glitched out! The only thing I can think of that might be wrong is the connection to the touchscreen has been damaged, but I want to know what other people think. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or would it be worth just getting a new phone? Initially right after it happened I could sort of make out images of the phone background, but it was all distorted and glitchy. Now all I get is a faint blue line at the top of the screen. I have tried resetting it, removing the battery, removing the SIM card, etc. but nothing works. I am pretty sure it is totaled, but maybe someone else can still help.

Secondly, if I do need to get a new phone, how does that work with my contract? I currently still have about 5 months left on my contract with Koodo. Would I have to cancel and pay off my current contract? Or could I just get a new phone for the remainder of the contract duration? How does it usually work? I will probably be talking to my service provider tomorrow morning anyway, but I would really appreciate any information you guys can give me!

Thank you so much in advance for any responses,

Josiah

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could bring it to a repair shop and ask them to diagnose the problem. If it's just a loose connection, it probably won't cost that much to fix. If the LCD is dead, that will cost more. If you're handy, you could try checking the connection yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80qEBrg-ArU

Regarding your contract, the best thing to do will be to contact Koodo and ask them. Good luck!

Josiah Sweetnam

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much, B. Diddy for your response! I didn't manage to get it checked out today, but hopefully will get a chance tomorrow. Thank you for the video too. I think I will try this first and see what I can do. I will update after I find out more.

Thanks again!

Josiah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mt20apps