Help me please!

Mikeash609

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I need help restoring my Nexus 7 back to factory image. I have kinda messed it up a bit so need to be talked through it as though I'm a five year old. My bootloader is ok but when I go to recovery the android is lying down with a red "!" above his open chest. Can someone advise me what is to be done?

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I need help restoring my Nexus 7 back to factory image. I have kinda messed it up a bit so need to be talked through it as though I'm a five year old. My bootloader is ok but when I go to recovery the android is lying down with a red "!" above his open chest. Can someone advise me what is to be done?

How To Reset the Google Nexus 7 Tablet and Return to Factory Specs
or
How to Reset Nexus 7 Tablet to Factory Settings | Android
or
Nexus 7: How to Hard and Soft Reset

Mikeash609

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Non of them will work, I can't get into recovery and I cant get onto the tablet. When I turn it on the Nexus coloured cross logo comes up and stays there or if I hold down the volume buttons I can go onto the bootloader but that's it.

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
If you're not familiar with SDK I would suggest wugs toolkit, after you download program to PC and install drivers you can install factory image right from the toolkit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mikeash609

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I know yeah I have found a video on youtube but It looks really complicated and it said they're may be one click methods but I can't find 'em

Mikeash609

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If you're not familiar with SDK I would suggest wugs toolkit, after you download program to PC and install drivers you can install factory image right from the toolkit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That sounds right down my street, thank you, I'll give it a try!