HELP!!!! My power button broke and my screen is cracked, is there a way to turn it back on???

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I Have a Motorola phone and the screen is cracked and the power button broke off. My husband wasnt paying attention and let the phone die. Now i cant get it to turn back on, i have gotten to the home screen with all the recovery tools but i dont know what, if anything i can do to turn it back on. PLEASE HELP ME, i need this phone for work. Thanks in Advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Moto phone? Some phones will automatically power on when you plug it into a charger, but not all, so if that doesn't happen with your phone, then you're going to have to bring it to a repair shop. Sorry!

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely agree that a repair shop is the best safest option but you may be able to turn it on yourself. It would have been helpful if you had included what device it was but never the less check out jerryrigeverything on YouTube and see if he has a teardown video for your device. Often he will intentionally pull the buttons off or damage them to show what's behind them and if not when he disassembles the device you can get a look inside. If there is a little black dot on the back of the button you could probably just put it back in the hole and turn it on. If there's no dot a blunted toothpick or tweezers might work.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I looked up Moto power buttons just in general and most appeared to be just push buttons, the kind that any old thing stuck in the center of the hole would activate. Verses a capacitive type button where you would need that dot I mentioned to activate. That's not definitive just from what I was able to observe.

I also went and looked at jerryrigeverything's channel for moto vids and he really hasn't done much with them except for the new Razr. PBKreviews would probably be a better source. Found many more Motos on his channel and more recent models.