Help! Need to create shared contacts that are read only on 40 Galaxy S6, how can I do it?

AAAAaronD

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Help! Need to create shared contacts that are read only on 40 Galaxy S6

I'm the fleet manager for a service company, we have 40 new Android Galaxy S6 phones. I need to be able to keep an updated contacts list that can be shared with 40 phones. I need the contacts to be "read only" where the user cannot add/delete/edit contacts. The list gets updated weekly. I have tried adding my Google account to the devices to share info and sync, it works great, but the users can still delete and it causes the same thing to happen in my master list when a sync happens. I'm looking for a way to set this up to auto update all phones, be it a 3rd party free app, or exchange mail or something. Please help, any info appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help! Need to create shared contacts that are read only on 40 Galaxy S6

Welcome to Android Central! Do they definitely have to be in the Contacts app? One workaround is to create a Google Doc or Google Keep note with all of those contacts, and share it with your employees, without giving them permission to edit the document. Phone numbers in that document should be automatically converted to hyperlinks that can open the Phone app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Nice! But it does require a Google Apps for Business account.

prodced

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site

Hi

Do you find a solution to this problem ?

Do you have an app or other solution ?

Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony