Help on extending lock screen timeout

1THz

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Chriskatana,

Thanks so much! Nothing else changes this. This works on my Verizon S5. Stayed lit as long as I was looking at the phone.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok the power save is the issue and bare in mind this is a new touch wiz so things are different
if you don't have a S5 then its pointless commenting
but they do need to put a adjuster in that just warns you that it may drain battery

ItzGriz13

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem. Not sure if you figured it out or not, but I found that turning off power saver mode gave me at least another 3 seconds time on the lock screen. Hope that helps!

Robert Abbate

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I figured out what was causing this.... the lock screen will time out quickly (when you click the main button) if you have power saving mode turned on. :)

Shaka Paka

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
@ Lodadroid: You think that maybe he already tried that before asking?! FYI There is nothing in the manual/guide that discusses this. Have a great one!

Mimi Posey

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem with my LG G2 so it must be a Kit Kat thing. The smart screen solved it! That's the feature where it stays on when it detects your face.

Last edited:

hilander2

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung has set, in my opinion, a switch-off time of the lock screen too low.

The problem affects even the screen of the cover's View that goes off after a few seconds ...

I also tried some App, type "Screen Timeout", but they all only have an effect on the home screen and not on the lock screen .....

Do you know any App that allows you to set the switch-off time of the lock screen without having to root?

Thanks a lot

peter9553

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
yep it is the power save that does it but quite a prob if you dont know this pulling out what little hair i had left these past few days since getting my note 4 crazy they never thought about it,
i would get one fingerprint scan in and it would turn off stupid

Lori Wilmarth

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
The power saving mode was on!!!! I have been having this issue with the lock screen turning off in mere seconds, leaving almost no time to even enter the passcode for weeks!!! I turned the power saving mode off & it's back to the duration I selected under lock screen and display! Thanks so much!!!

Temarovi

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
It did not work for me, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop. I have to try for minutes before actually the phone gives me enough time to enter the password. Any ideas. Thanks a lot!

Dustin Johnson4

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Upgraded from S3 to S5. I am very happy with S5 overall and have everything customized as I want except one issue. I cannot figure out how to get the lock screen to stop from turning off after 1 or 1..5 seconds. I hardly have time to use the fingerprint scanner because the screen turns off so quickly. I have tried turning off all power settings and have changed the timeouts everywhere else to 6 seconds to 1 minute but I cannot figure out how to extend the lockscreen timeout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Dean

I just got the so 6 edge ND was having the same issue I went to display settings and turned smart stay on and this resolved my issue with the lock screen timeout

freenarative

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Ever since the update to lolly Pop I have been annoyed at the screen timeout. 1.5 seconds.. What?! I never found a solution... Till now. The update turned on power save mode (still no idea what this does). I turned this off and now I get a full 5-7 seconds to read my notifications.

Thanks nedinu.

ryanbarrier

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Per Samsung power save mode will: "Save battery power by limiting the maximum CPU performance, reducing screen brightness and frame rate, turning off the touch key light, turning off Vibration feedback, and reducing the time before the screen is turned off when notifications are received."

Apparently that last bit is imprecise, as the screen turns off quicker even when you turn it on, not just when notifications are received. Samsung's own measurements only show about an extra 30-40 minutes of usage in Power Save mode versus regular mode. This comes out to be 11 hrs 50 minutes versus 11 hrs 20 minutes. Not a big savings IMO.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Both options, turning on smart stay and turning of power saving mode do extend the lock screen time out; however, they are both battery drain options. Why not just have a setting?Common Samsung!

Not what I'm looking for.

Lock your device, press the power button to bring up the lock screen. How long does it stay backlit? Mine times out/goes black in about 1.5 seconds. GS4 gives me about 4 sec...

I just turned on smart stay, fixed this issue for me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware