Help-OTA GB damaged memory card

wallyuscg

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I updated my DINC this morning while at work via the OTA update. After about an hour I came back to find it was ready. When I unlocked the screen the " Damaged SD Card" error showed up. I tried rebooting with and without the card in the phone. Nothing I've done works. Anyway to fix this without formatting the card and losing all my apps on there?

On another note after the update I now get the low on space message. Phone shows 201MB used and 547 free.

Please help.
Thanks

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I know you mentioned a reboot but did you try a battery pull? There's a new fastboot option in GB and im not sure if its selected by default but I don't believe it unmounts the card when rebooting so might be worth a quick try.

Otherwise, do you have a usb cardreader, SD slot on a laptop, etc? Basically some way to interface the card with a pc other than the phone. Sometimes it'll still be read ok when not in the phone. If that's the case you could move the files off the card and onto the pc desktop for safe keeping, reformat and retry.

wallyuscg

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
I did do a battery pull multiple times with no luck. Tried the card in a reader and on my Macbook it never even showed up. On my PC it said the card was corrupt and couldn't be read. At least I saved my pictures last night. But the apps...will all progress/info be gone from them if I have to download them again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts