Help. Phone/screen won't turn on.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 Active. I just fell and landed on my but with my phone in my back pocket. Now my screen won't turn on. The blue light in the upper left corner is solid but slowly pulsing. I tried a soft reset(Pwr+vol down) and heard a brief AT&T start up sound. The screen flickered for about 1/2 second. Then blackness. The phone had been working perfectly up to then. I've tried pushing every button and nothing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could help with that, but being unable to get a response from the phone doesn't leave much. You could try an AT&T store to see if they have any tools available, or maybe a large repair shop locally. If you were backing up the phone to an AT&T cloud, not familiar with what they have, that may be an option also.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I took it to a repair place and they said it probably is the LCD. The Active is difficult to repair so I will have to send it in to Samsung. I would like to keep my phone mostly to keep my settings. Samsung said they will wipe the phone if they repair it. Would it make more sense to buy a mint used one on ebay since they are wiping my phone? Used ones go for about $200. They repair place estimated it might be like $250 to replace the LCD/glass.