Help - Want to revert back to 2.1 and/or de-brick your X

dboone2

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I need help

well i had the leaked 2.2 on my droid x and i just followed all the steps posted to revert back to 2.1 as im updating RSD says failed flashing process. now rsd is frozen and my phone says sw update in progress. what should i do?

capteeou#CB

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
RSD completed the flashing successfully but now the phone has been on the "SW Update
In progress.."
for about 30 minutes. Is this normal? How long does this part normally take?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash your phone from leaked 2.2? Because if not you could be in trouble. I am going to put a disclaimer on my first post about flashing from official 2.2 to SBF 2.1.

Unfortunately I do not have much information on fixing that problem, if thats what happened here.

If you did flash from leaked 2.2 to official 2.1 and are stuck then not really too sure about that. Never seen that problem before. Maybe try battery pulling?

jhr

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
When i first got my dx it had the 2.1 then, two days later the update hit. I was not aware that the bootloader changed. I tried to revert to 2.1 because I loved the swype and lock screen better.
Anyways when I SBF'ed to 2.1 I had the bootloader error messege, cannot program, battery low messege.

I had to lie my way of getting a replacement at no charge, blamed it on a low battery when that OTA took place and died during the process.

Well I have a nother one now. But now there is a full SBF file floating around the web for the 2.2 hopefully, you can SBF that to restore your device. As reverting backto 2.1, i thing it will be a sign of the past.

I recomment you try the Full SBF 2.2 with the new RSD Lite 4.9 that requires no patch and see if that works for you.

I want to be optemistic and not a downer, but for now you have a nice pretty brick. You can call Verizon and say that you forced the OTA manually and thats what happened afterwards, since you never got the 2.2 OTA update via OTA and play dumb and see what happens.

Good LUck and post your results in either route you choose to take.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332