Help - Want to revert back to 2.1 and/or de-brick your X

jasonrellis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I would delete RSD Lite and re-download everything from RootzWiki and go through all their steps over again.

I know it sounds like a PITA but every time that someone has said that it didn't work for them, there was always a step that they missed or the download was bad or something like that.

I would just start over and follow the instructions to a T.

I'd also boot into recovery first and wipe everything prior to this and after too.

I finally got everything to work from my computer at work. Something must have been jacked with my laptop at home because I uninstalled/reinstalled several times and followed the steps exactly but it wouldnt allow me to click "start".

Worked on the first try at work. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Togadood

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm really in desperate need of help. I've followed all the directions and got the start button to come up. I'm in bootloader and pressed start, right away it failed and said "Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected. Please help I'm really stuck here. Thank You So Much if you can find out what's going on just reply to this please.

Last edited:

rdtapt

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm really in desperate need of help. I've followed all the directions and got the start button to come up. I'm in bootloader and pressed start, right away it failed and said "Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected. Please help I'm really stuck here and I cant let my dad find out. Thank You So Much if you can find out what's going on just reply to this please.

I am getting this exact error. I have tried reinstalling RSD with the patch, re-downloaded the package, placed the sbf on my C drive, did a factory re-set on my phone... nothing seems to work.
win 7(64)

edit: Did exact process on my XP laptop and worked flawlessly.

Last edited:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The issue you two guys are having sounds like a serious driver problem. Are you guys checking to make sure your phone is being detected by windows properly and has the right drivers installed?

Seems to me like you guys have everything right except maybe this.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it working rdtapt, sad it couldn't get through in 7 though. I myself have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and not once had any problems with the phone interfacing with it.

USB Mass Storage or PC Mode, shouldn't really matter since you're booting into a different system persay, the bootloader doesn't care about what your last USB Connection mode was. At least, it shouldn't.

Togadood are you running the leaked 2.2 right now or are you just looking to flash your phone for a fresh start?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Alright hopefully it works, just would seem strange to me that so many are having problems getting this to work on Windows 7...

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the failed to flash error also, turned on phone set usb to pc mode, put the sbf file into c directory, reinstalled rsd lite, re-copied over the ini file then booted up phone to bootloader and ran the rsd lite, worked this time.

I was stuck in the boot loop and had to reset the phone.

Soco_Jon

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
frustrated...i did everything in order. i thought it was going well until the flashing failed.

Error Msg:
"Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); Phone connected."

I gotta put the stock 2.1 on it to send back to vzw. they already sent me my replacement.

danean08

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Its the same for me. I have tryed it from 3 different computers. Someone please email me at justme35771@gmail.com and tell me what to do. I am so frustrated but want to revert back.

Finally got it. Had to go to Rootzwiki to redownload files.

Last edited:

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Im having trouble. Followed the directions to the t. I hooked phone up, RSD recognizes (doesnt list Imei # or anything like that though but shows connected) and then I locate the file and select/ open, but the "start" button stays greyed out afterwards?? So I cant select it, any ideas?

Metzzger

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Smooth!

Thanks for this guide! Leaked 2.2 had been extremely buggy for me. The files were easy enough to find, and for the most part the process went smoothly. I did end up in the boot loop, your directions were exact though. Waited 10 minutes to activate, and now it's just like out of the box. Thanks again!

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Im having trouble. Followed the directions to the t. I hooked phone up, RSD recognizes (doesnt list Imei # or anything like that though but shows connected) and then I locate the file and select/ open, but the "start" button stays greyed out afterwards?? So I cant select it, any ideas?

Make sure you did this step correctly, and if you did, try it again.

Move the pst_flash.ini file into the following folder --> Program Files/Motorola/RSDLite