Help with Nova Prime

George Nahorski

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I have Nova Prime. My wife and I cannot get Facebook to work for notifications. When we change settings, we cannot get badge count to disappear. FB seems to be the only issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you verified that Notifications are switched on in Nova? I wasn't getting any notifications either and when I checked the Nova settings the Notifications were switched off. Also, have you downloaded Nova Teslaunread? You can select which apps you want to add to notifications list.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
In Notification Bar Watcher, make sure it is toggled on.

Select your apps and make sure that they are toggled on.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have checked in both places in Tesla for FB. Do you have FB checked twice it once?

Once, here -- Facebook displays under "Misc" for me in the TeslaUnread settings menu, but I don't have the second instance (com.facebook.katana) activated from Tesla's complete apps menu. Perhaps try deselecting that one.

Or, if that doesn't work, try clearing the Facebook app's cache from your Applications Manager as suggested. To double-check, you could also try logging in to your Facebook page with a browser to make sure you're caught up with notifications.

George Nahorski

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I get notifications. The issue I am having is that I cannot clear the badge count. It stays on 2. Sometimes 1. Then if I check FB in Tesla for facebook.com.katana, uncheck Misc, it gets rid of badge coubt. I beginning to think Nova is not what it was. Frustrated.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I beginning to think Nova is not what it was. Frustrated.

In trying to find a solution to this, there appear to be plenty of reports from people experiencing the behavior you're describing. If it's any consolation though, it does work as intended on my S6. I wonder if an uninstall & reinstall of TeslaUnread would accomplish anything.

George Nahorski

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Saros, Thanks for trying. I've uninstalled Tesla, even Nova. Reinstalled and NOTHING works now. Nova is garbage as far as I'm concerned. My wife has noticed significant battery drain too.

Is there a better launcher because this one clearly is not as good as everyone has tauted.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Potentially silly question: when you did reinstall Nova Prime, did you also reinstall regular Nova first?

George Nahorski

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
srkmagnus, I will try this. I reinstalled Nova, then Nova Prime. I'm getting notification badge counts for everything except FB. I even get for Instagram. I'm getting there and your help has been a life saver on this forum. I installed Nova because I was told its the best. I'll move from 1 star to 2.5 right now. I'd rather not try another Launcher. This one seems good on my battery and my S6 seems faster too.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
srkmagnus, I will try this. I reinstalled Nova, then Nova Prime. I'm getting notification badge counts for everything except FB. I even get for Instagram. I'm getting there and your help has been a life saver on this forum. I installed Nova because I was told its the best. I'll move from 1 star to 2.5 right now. I'd rather not try another Launcher. This one seems good on my battery and my S6 seems faster too.

You can also switch back to TouchWiz and back to Nova again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts