Help With Streaming Music From One Android Phone To Another

kmpham1

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Let me start off by explaining what I would like to accomplish. I have my primary android phone (Nexus 4) and an old android phone (MyTouch 4g). I would like to set up an "AirPlay" like system on a nice (but outdated) stereo system using DLNA. I was thinking about doing this by using my primary phone as the Digital Media Server (DMS), and my old android phone as the Digital Media Player (DMP).
See Digital Living Network Alliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for more info on DLNA.
The primary phone - DMS, would be used to send the music to the old phone - DMP, which would then output the music via 3.5mm jack into the aux on my stereo. The only downfall I can think of to this setup would be the fact that I would have to dedicate a phone to the stereo, but that's not a problem because I don't use it anyway!

I would appreciate any help I can get on this. I did lots of searching around and found apps such as iMediaShare Lite and BubbleUPnP, which are servers, rather than players.

Thanks, and have a great day! :)

Aycee45

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for something similar and just found this:
2Player Streams Music From One Device To Another [Android] - Make Tech Easier
Enjoy ;-)

Just a little update : This way you don't need a paying app.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.skifta.android.app&token=gH8vckdz
I installed it on both devices and then signed up with an account from the device that serves as the media source. This way I could select the phone that is the media source and select the phone that will play the media.
Grtz!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty