[HERO ROM] Sneak Peek Working Donut on CDMA Hero

ffolkes

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who can't find some apps (Twidroid Pro for instance) in the Market with this rom? Only about half of my paid apps are showing up... What a shame, because this rom is awesome otherwise!

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I tried this out yesterday, and had a point where I lost my data connection while still showing great signal on my WiFi. I'll try it out some more later.

Any chance at A2SD?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Work on this will pick up soon. I've got some kernel changes to finalize, A final version of Gumbo 1.5 ROM to finish then focus shifts to this full time.

What I need is input. What do YOU want to see in a Dount build.
Apps2SD?
UI tweaks?
Custom statusbar?
Sense UI?

Let me hear it. Also will be looking for a partner that is fairly handy with graphics editing, can use the cmd line and not afraid to get their phone stuck in a boot loop. Goal is to turn this into Gumbo 1.6.

ismellhero

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
QB, a custom taskbar would be fun along with a few UI tweaks but I have compiled a list of things that would help finalize this run.....

1. For me the most annoying thing would be the lack of library or word prediction on this build. I even added the clicker/HTC_IME apk's but it seemed to do nothing but give me the touch input which didnt seem to apply to the text keyboard..... havent tried writing an email yet.
2. Speaker Phone.... Now I know someone talked about a bit of a fix or a role reversal with this i.e. headset works but not speaker, speaker works but not headset, which leads me to believe that something is missing from either side....

To be quite honest, after reading this whole thread, I think the work that you have compiled is incredible and do appreciate your efforts to date. I would love to help out in anyway, but my background is in graphical design and web design, plus I run on a mac and most everyone seems to be a pc.... I am like that one person that decided to date out of our families race ;) But anyhow, I am more than willing to be a solider and help with testing this ROM. Thanks again and I apologize in advance if I missed a thread that fixed these issues.... I am a HUGE nooB.

ismellhero

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and thought of another question... Can we load your new kernal to this ROM.... Hoping to use SetCPU with this ROM, thanks. Wow, totally feel like "that new guy"

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
All I want is a working 1.6 or 2.X build. Everything else is just personal-taste "fluff".

heh. I can hear it now if the next version comes out vanilla. I'd be lynched. :D

****, I just figured out how to get the keyboard retro-ed..... My bad, knew that would happen after my first posting.

LOL. cool. Silly way to do things isn't it?

Oh, and thought of another question... Can we load your new kernal to this ROM.... Hoping to use SetCPU with this ROM, thanks. Wow, totally feel like "that new guy"
Yep. Grab the AOSP version and flash without wiping.

ismellhero

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, and thanks! Guessing its prob in the beginning or this thread. Anything on the speakerphone? Also, anyway I could contribute via dollars to the cause?

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not too hot with the graphics, but I know the command line pretty well and I'm not afraid to get my phone stuck in a boot loop (just don't want to brick it, but I've got the Best Buy warranty for that).

As far as what I'd like to see in 1.6, I'd go for a Nexus One launcher with the icons zooming in if it can be done. Apps2SD should be available. Black HTC status bar. Don't need Sense UI, but it would be nice to see the HTC people, mail, and dialer apps.

Maybe build it with Home++ built in?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Awesome, and thanks! Guessing its prob in the beginning or this thread. Anything on the speakerphone? Also, anyway I could contribute via dollars to the cause?
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download GK-0.31_AOSP1.6-signed.zip
That's the link to the kernel you want to flash over this. Realized I forgot to link you to it lol.

Hardware fixes (speakerphone, BT, headset jack etc) are first priority when development starts back up.

I'm not too hot with the graphics, but I know the command line pretty well and I'm not afraid to get my phone stuck in a boot loop (just don't want to brick it, but I've got the Best Buy warranty for that).

As far as what I'd like to see in 1.6, I'd go for a Nexus One launcher with the icons zooming in if it can be done. Apps2SD should be available. Black HTC status bar. Don't need Sense UI, but it would be nice to see the HTC people, mail, and dialer apps.

Maybe build it with Home++ built in?
I'll probably start a new development thread for this when it picks back up. There will be plenty of room for folks on the build team, and I'll hold you to your offer :D

rafa579

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site

ismellhero

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
QB, i am running into an FC after loading your latest kernel. Here are the pictures to show the process. I have tried deleting the software, reload the kernel but same result. Also selecting hero/tatoo as phone in setcpu. Thanks in advance for the help.
snapshot2.png
snapshot3.png
snapshot4.png
snapshot5.png

ismellhero

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Thats funny, I attempted to let it do its thing, took forever and nothing. Reset the phone, waited for your advice, I clicked on the app and it worked, its like voodoo I tell you, voodoo! lol thanks again.

Darkshneider

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Work on this will pick up soon. I've got some kernel changes to finalize, A final version of Gumbo 1.5 ROM to finish then focus shifts to this full time.

What I need is input. What do YOU want to see in a Dount build.
Apps2SD?
UI tweaks?
Custom statusbar?
Sense UI?

Let me hear it. Also will be looking for a partner that is fairly handy with graphics editing, can use the cmd line and not afraid to get their phone stuck in a boot loop. Goal is to turn this into Gumbo 1.6.

Sense would be a plus on my phone.

Quick question, I was over at XDA and got Quiet's AOSP 1.6. Had the SMS issue and was wondering if your build has the same issues. I was just about to start reading all pages of this thread though. Thanks.

Nevermind, read the thread. Bummer, Im so lucky to have the SMS issue.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszang48