Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Free.
The main screen slides to the right to expose the options

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm using the free one, too.
As I noted, when I delete the pinball data from the internal card sdcard0 and emulated, it won't run without another download. Also, I examined the micro SD card in a PC and the folders were in the Android directory but there were no visable files.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
As I noted, when I delete the pinball data from the internal card sdcard0 and emulated, it won't run without another download. Also, I examined the micro SD card in a PC and the folders were in the Android directory but there were no visable files.

Don't delete any files or folders, the app takes care of everything.
You'll remove all the links and the app won't work.

ESPECIALLY DO NOT!
Delete any thing in the many and multiple folders in the root area, or emulated folders.
Even though it looks like files and folders are being duplicated.
THEY SHOULD NOT BE TOUCHED
Unless you're a developer you should stay away from that part of the file structure.

Last edited:

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
For moving apps, data, caches, etc. to the external SD card, try Mounts2SD. You have to be rooted and it requires a second partition on the SD card but it can move entire directories from internal to external. I know at least one Sero 7 Pro owner tried it and said it worked. I don't have a Sero 7 Pro yet but it works like a charm on my HTC EVO 4G.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
For moving apps, data, caches, etc. to the external SD card, try Mounts2SD. You have to be rooted and it requires a second partition on the SD card but it can move entire directories from internal to external. I know at least one Sero 7 Pro owner tried it and said it worked. I don't have a Sero 7 Pro yet but it works like a charm on my HTC EVO 4G.

Mount2SD will probably be my next step. For now though, Foldermount is keeping my tab memory clear enough.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

I have to apologize, I just realized I'm using the paid version of FolderMount.
Bought it for my old Evo, and forgot when I downloaded this time. I didn't realize I had already paid for it

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I think I'll try it when my 64 GB cards come. Foldermount works on some apps, not others. For instance, I have 4 mags stored plus thumbnails of my purchased paper copies going back a years+ using Next issue. Its the app using the.most space. The settings/apps shows about 200 Mb of data yet Foldrmoutnt free shows zero data and won't move the data directory.

Last edited:

scajjr29

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
After getting a 7 Pro for our 9 yr old granddaughter who's visiting for the summer (so she'd stop bugging Grandma to use Grandma's iPad) I got one for myself.

Now today I downloaded xboxexpert's all-in-one root/CWM Touch file. Ran it, tablet is rooted BUT recovery is still the stock one it seems, CWM Touch isn't what comes up with the Power/Vol- combo. Someone else posted about this over on xda but was never replied to.

As the all-in-one said it flashed the CWM Touch image successfully I don't see where I messed it up and the file was downloaded today so I know it's the latest.

Any suggestions?

Sam

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
After getting a 7 Pro for our 9 yr old granddaughter who's visiting for the summer (so she'd stop bugging Grandma to use Grandma's iPad) I got one for myself.

Now today I downloaded xboxexpert's all-in-one root/CWM Touch file. Ran it, tablet is rooted BUT recovery is still the stock one it seems, CWM Touch isn't what comes up with the Power/Vol- combo. Someone else posted about this over on xda but was never replied to.

As the all-in-one said it flashed the CWM Touch image successfully I don't see where I messed it up and the file was downloaded today so I know it's the latest.

Any suggestions?

Sam

This is the video I followed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0HZhrGMDU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Charade#WN

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if this (if it even can) addresses the charging problem with the touchscreen. It's frustrating that I can't use it while it's charging. Sometimes even with the included charger the touchscreen becomes erratic and unusable.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if this (if it even can) addresses the charging problem with the touchscreen. It's frustrating that I can't use it while it's charging. Sometimes even with the included charger the touchscreen becomes erratic and unusable.

It would be nice, but I charge at night and if I need to for an hour during the day.

scajjr29

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That's what I did, xboxexpert's one. I'm rooted but booting into recovery gives me the Hisense ( I guess) recovery, not CWM Touch.

Sam

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Items ordered for Pro:

The case Amazon sent was for the wrong model, the LT <?>. They claim their supplier sent to them and Amazon shipped w/o checking. I'm returning and ordering one more time.

The 2-64 Gb cards from eBAY came. Windows 7 disk management show them to be 64 Gb as does my Thrive. They came as exFAT pre-formatted but the SERO doesn't seem to recognize them so far.Neither does my Canon 20X IS camera but I think that is limited to 32 Gb which it will read.
I reformatted one in exFAT and am trying to copy ~60 Gb of pixs, viid, movies, and tv and will try again. Does anyone know if this format will work? How about NTFS, FAT or FAT32?
Let me check out further before anyone goes out to get them for the SERO. For me, if they work on my PC and Thrive, I'll be fine with the purchase at <$18/per card.

Edit: The cards appear to be good as I was able to format in several ways and copy >60Gb to them. My Thrive will access FAT32 and exFAT. It appears that the Sero will only work for FAT32 or lesser formats (nice if someone else can confirm this). It wouldn't mount if I formatted it exFAT. When I formatted it as NTFS, it mounted and saw the card memory but I couldn't copy files or directories to it. This is a bummer in that files larger than 4 Gb won't be useable unless someone can fix this.

Last edited:

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
That's what I did, xboxexpert's one. I'm rooted but booting into recovery gives me the Hisense ( I guess) recovery, not CWM Touch.

Sam

All I can suggest is to read through the xboxexpert's threads on XDA Developers.
There were a lot of questions answered.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

I haven't used this app. Will it create partitions or do you have to do it with a pc?
Edit: I see on further reading on other forums on Android central, XDA-Developers, androidforums that partitionig on PC/Mac or
Using another app is needed.

Last edited:

sapphire77

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So, I have been loving my sero 7 pro since before it was even officially on the market - can't remember how long that's been - only 2 or 3 months? Anyway I love it but lately the charging port seems to be loose. I'm afraid it will come altogether loose and wondering whether to get another and hope for better if I am more careful with the charging port. Anyone else notice a problem like this?

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
So, I have been loving my sero 7 pro since before it was even officially on the market - can't remember how long that's been - only 2 or 3 months? Anyway I love it but lately the charging port seems to be loose. I'm afraid it will come altogether loose and wondering whether to get another and hope for better if I am more careful with the charging port. Anyone else notice a problem like this?

I noticed the same thing on mine. I traded mine in for the new Nexus 7. But the port doesn't seem to be firm, it will come loose. It has on the 2 other one I bought for my gf's boys.

Sent from there can only be HTC One