Home and Recents buttons disappear in the navbar

Squash SM

Aug 4, 2019
Visit site
I'm on the Android 9 July Patch with a G950U1, and out of nowhere my recents and home buttons in the navbar will just disappear, and I won't be able to pull down from the top of the screen from the status bar. There is only a back button on my navbar, like how it is in setup, and it will just randomly do this and sometimes randomly fix itself. Is there a way to rid of it completely?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm on the Android 9 July Patch with a G950U1, and out of nowhere my recents and home buttons in the navbar will just disappear, and I won't be able to pull down from the top of the screen from the status bar. There is only a back button on my navbar, like how it is in setup, and it will just randomly do this and sometimes randomly fix itself. Is there a way to rid of it completely?
Can try in recovery to clear cache

Squash SM

Aug 4, 2019
Visit site
I will try this tomorrow, I have to use third party apps for tonight as it is my primary phone. I'll see if it randomly does it in safe mode.

Squash SM

Aug 4, 2019
Visit site
@mustang7757, So I tried it in safe mode for a bit, and it would still do it, but I'm pretty sure I solved my own problem, I'll report back here if it does it again but I disabled and force stopped Android Setup, and since then it hasn't done it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757, So I tried it in safe mode for a bit, and it would still do it, but I'm pretty sure I solved my own problem, I'll report back here if it does it again but I disabled and force stopped Android Setup, and since then it hasn't done it.
Ok good, try the same for Samsung launcher also if it happens again.