Home screen icons moved down? Noticable gap between status bar & top row of icons

ArykMeyer

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed about a half inch gap between the top row of icons on the home screen and the status bar? I know the top row used to be so close to the status bar, certain widgets would appear against the status bar leaving no gap. I think this is a huge waste of screen real estate, this gap is big enough to snugly fit a search bar (see photo)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171218-202759.jpg
    Screenshot_20171218-202759.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 39

ArykMeyer

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is one of the many reasons I use Nova Launcher. View attachment 276178

The gap you're showing happens when moving from screen to screen, I'm referring to when stationary at any home screen there is a gap between the top row of icons and the status bar. This gap is easily big enough for a search bar but I prefer my icons and widgets. It may not be too noticeable to some but on large screens like the Note8 we're talking about a good half inch of unusable screen real estate, besides that I miss the uniformed look of being fully aligned to the status bar.

Please note: this is the same with or without theme, I dislike nova launcher and other 3rd party launchers as they always affect performance in my opinion so I am not looking for a work around but what do we do as far as contacting google to fix this or what should we do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4