HoneyBun-v1- based off official ruu

How many uninstall Sprint tv

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
both, people, and setting/accounts.

i fixed it though, apparently it doesn't like being flashed as a standalone if you've already flashed and setup icedhhoneybun 1st.

reflashing all 3 (icedhoneybun, su-fix, and htcfacebook) all at once allowed it to work properly.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
wow, it does take "FOREVER", I was just typing something up asking how long that really is because I flashed the icedhoneybun lite, supatch, facebook fix, and your OC kernel (can you flash the kernel at the same time as the rom before a reboot?

anyways while I was typing it showed the htc quietly brilliant screen then the animate welcome to now stuff, and just did it once more as I type this, so I hope its not just stuck in a boot loop. I will give it some more time though...

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
wow, it does take "FOREVER", I was just typing something up asking how long that really is because I flashed the icedhoneybun lite, supatch, facebook fix, and your OC kernel (can you flash the kernel at the same time as the rom before a reboot?

anyways while I was typing it showed the htc quietly brilliant screen then the animate welcome to now stuff, and just did it once more as I type this, so I hope its not just stuck in a boot loop. I will give it some more time though...
If you see the boot animation more then once,its bootloop. Flash the rom,reboot,then flash Facebook,reboot,then oc. Su should be in the iced roms already. You might be able to flash facebook and oc after first boot.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I tried again, and did the wipe data/factory reset, then did the wipe dalvik-cache, and tried only to flash the rom and got a boot loop again....

so now where do I go from here? and is the only way to shut it down during a boot loop to pull the battery?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried again, and did the wipe data/factory reset, then did the wipe dalvik-cache, and tried only to flash the rom and got a boot loop again....

so now where do I go from here? and is the only way to shut it down during a boot loop to pull the battery?

Plug into cp type
and shell
reboot recovery

Wipe all three data,dalvik,ext.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
ok, im guessing cp is supposed to read "pc" and do you mean adb shell?

when it said wipe SD:ext, I just wasnt sure what partition my zip files are, so I didnt want to wipe the card and then not have a rom to flash anymore.

just trying it again after wiping all 3. Ill let you know in a minute. and thanks for the help

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
ok, im guessing cp is supposed to read "pc" and do you mean adb shell?

when it said wipe SD:ext, I just wasnt sure what partition my zip files are, so I didnt want to wipe the card and then not have a rom to flash anymore.

just trying it again after wiping all 3. Ill let you know in a minute. and thanks for the help

Yeah I ment adb/pc typing on phone it thinks it knows what I want it to say.lol

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
AND WE ARE IN! lol still digital roaming and an old azz PRL, but Ill deal with that later...

havent done much but it seems pretty quick so far.

what kernel version should I be running if I am running the OCable kernel? 2.6.29?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
AND WE ARE IN! lol still digital roaming and an old azz PRL, but Ill deal with that later...

havent done much but it seems pretty quick so far.

what kernel version should I be running if I am running the OCable kernel? 2.6.29?

All of them will say 2.6.29,the one with beezy isn't oc able,its the same as stock just I compiled it from toastcfh source.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
ok, now it says godmode-OC-...etc... so Im guessing thats the one. I set the widget and this is one quick phone now.

I did a nandroid and am gonna go back to 1.5 and try this PRI fix I just read about and see if I can get back to sprints network...

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that icedhoneybun uses twice as much memory as Kool-aid (79megs vs 49megs) for the same installed programs.

Is this because the stock HTC programs are not moved to SD card as was done in kool-aid?

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I chose 729k or something as the max when screen on in OCwidget and I wonder if thats why it wont finish booting anymore. when I wake the screen up it says sprint on the lock screen, shows me having service, but when I pull down the unlock screen it just says HTC in green on a blank white page...

I even wiped and reflashed the rom though and the problem is still the same, so well see if I can figure this out. cant wait til it is my own phone and not the wifes so it wont be as big a deal when I cant figure it out right away.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Does iced honey bun have apps2sd ? Thanks for all your hard work.
Yeah it does,its the old school a2sd.

I noticed that icedhoneybun uses twice as much memory as Kool-aid (79megs vs 49megs) for the same installed programs.

Is this because the stock HTC programs are not moved to SD card as was done in kool-aid?

It's cause kool-aid has odex files and on Iced they have been converted to dex files. This is so themes and stuff can be flashed.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
wow, thats a huge bump in memory usage. and thats even after ive upgraded to apps2sd 2.7 rel 1 and moved the dalvik cache to the sd.

Other than that, icedhoneybun is running well. Widgets and syncs are updating properly, and its pretty snappy. All the additional widgets download and run properly, which indicates the build prop is reporting correctly.

I never really had audio problems, but ringers and notifications sounds would clip sometimes with kool-aid, but that bug is gone as well.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
wow, thats a huge bump in memory usage. and thats even after ive upgraded to apps2sd 2.7 rel 1 and moved the dalvik cache to the sd.

Other than that, icedhoneybun is running well. Widgets and syncs are updating properly, and its pretty snappy. All the additional widgets download and run properly, which indicates the build prop is reporting correctly.

I never really had audio problems, but ringers and notifications sounds would clip sometimes with kool-aid, but that bug is gone as well.

I edited my first post id have a look at it.If your not into themeing or anything like that try running the Honeybun its pretty much the same as kool-aid on memory.Also i put sprint tv,navi,football,nascar,mp3,quickoffice in different place you can backup and remove them and reinstall as you please with a file manager like astro.Thats what i do remove sprint navi until i need it then reinstall.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
well, with 70 of 159 in use, i think ill be alright for now.

While i dont use themes, you never know when i might bump into something cool that will need the de-odexed files to work properly. Which is why i chose icedhoneybun to begin with.

Its a bit of a pain to keep saving, and restoring my messages/calllogs/hompage and setting up all the accounts every time i flash. Homepage in particular is a nuisance because allot of the widgets dont restore properly and you get those black boxes with error messages in them. And the call logs are fine in the people app, but they dont link to the contacts properly in the phone dialer history.

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
well, with 70 of 159 in use, i think ill be alright for now.

While i dont use themes, you never know when i might bump into something cool that will need the de-odexed files to work properly. Which is why i chose icedhoneybun to begin with.

Its a bit of a pain to keep saving, and restoring my messages/calllogs/hompage and setting up all the accounts every time i flash. Homepage in particular is a nuisance because allot of the widgets dont restore properly and you get those black boxes with error messages in them. And the call logs are fine in the people app, but they dont link to the contacts properly in the phone dialer history.

Yeah i flash a lot. I gave up on restoreing a long time ago.lol I honestly don't even pay attention to memory anymore on android phone its a lot different then other phones.I learned that after coming from wm phones where you had to keep a eye on memory.I pushed the limit to see how many apps i could install from market before problems,after installing 80+apps i gave up my phone still worked fine.Ive had my internal below 5omb and still runs fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny