HoneyBun-v1- based off official ruu

How many uninstall Sprint tv

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping Iced v3.6 was going to be without SenseUI. Is there an default home or alternate home screen option?

I might mess around with a rom without sense,not sure yet.If you search adw in the market i use adw launcher every now and then.It should give the option to choose it by hitting home after its installed,if not go to settings>applications>manage applications>htc sense>slear defaults then it should give you the option when pressing home button.

kehanra99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I might mess around with a rom without sense,not sure yet.If you search adw in the market i use adw launcher every now and then.It should give the option to choose it by hitting home after its installed,if not go to settings>applications>manage applications>htc sense>slear defaults then it should give you the option when pressing home button.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

hmmm a SugarFreeHoneyBun. hmmmm

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,i was already looking into the rotation,he has it working on the evo so hopefully.It atleast be pretty cool to do once in awhile.

hey beezy the 270 rotation requires editing framework.jar, settings.apk, and also settingsprovider.apk. If I can find the instructions that another op gave me I will foward them to you.

tatonka_Hero

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I finally got a new SD card, and have been trying to kick apps2sd in using friendv3. I kept getting a ton of force closes when I first tried it, and now I tried clearing my partition, and I seem to be caught in a boot loop. It got to the quietly brilliant screen, then went black, then came back with the screen, then went black, etc.

Is there a secret (or simple step) I'm missing to get apps2sd to work properly with everything fc'ing?

In other words, what is a step by step process for getting apps2sd to work, and will it move the system apps over as well (friendstream, mail, messages, etc.)?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I finally got a new SD card, and have been trying to kick apps2sd in using friendv3. I kept getting a ton of force closes when I first tried it, and now I tried clearing my partition, and I seem to be caught in a boot loop. It got to the quietly brilliant screen, then went black, then came back with the screen, then went black, etc.

Is there a secret (or simple step) I'm missing to get apps2sd to work properly with everything fc'ing?

In other words, what is a step by step process for getting apps2sd to work, and will it move the system apps over as well (friendstream, mail, messages, etc.)?

you boot into recovery, then partition your sdcard. like this http://forum.androidcentral.com/64889-post7.html

tonksnatcher

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I am running honey .2 lite and have for a few weeks, by the way it is great. I think I need to flash the newer version. The only issues I have noticed are my Facebook won't sinc with contacts (but I do have lite so that may have been removed in the first place not sure) and I think my camera stays on for some reason, huge battery drain after I use it and I have to reboot to get it to stop.

If I flash the reg honey do I need to wipe?
If I try the iced instead should I wipe, and if I don't. want to bother with the app2sd does it matter if it is already on the Rom (will probably figure out the whole partitioning thing later so don't really have the time to try an worry about that now, plus Astro back-ups are fine with me.)

Oh yeah and on a different note, anyone know where to find downloadable prls. I manually changed mine so I could get 3g in my area but wanted to make sure I had few on the sdcard just in case.

Still having issues with AC Forums recognizing that I am logged in so sorry if I am all over the place here, I have to throw it out there while it let's me.

Thanks again

neely615

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
flashable kernels?

Beezy,

First, thanks for answering all my questions from before. The HoneyBunv3 is running great, most notably there is no delay when dialing numbers (something I had run into before) even with no OC. That kind of leads in to my request: so I have yet to find a kernel that I flash and my phone doesn't go into a boot loop. I always come back to my nandroid + ext backup, but I was wondering if it would be too hard to make a flashable zip with the HoneyBunv3 kernel that I could use to revert to after attempting any OC kernel flashes, versus restoring my nand+ext backup and flashing again?

Might be too much to request, and thanks again for all of your help. If a 2.2 Sense ROM ever comes out (Legend) I would definitely pay whatever asking price for it.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I am running honey .2 lite and have for a few weeks, by the way it is great. I think I need to flash the newer version. The only issues I have noticed are my Facebook won't sinc with contacts (but I do have lite so that may have been removed in the first place not sure) and I think my camera stays on for some reason, huge battery drain after I use it and I have to reboot to get it to stop.

If I try the iced instead should I wipe, and if I don't. want to bother with the app2sd does it matter if it is already on the Rom (will probably figure out the whole partitioning thing later so don't really have the time to try an worry about that now, plus Astro back-ups are fine with me.)

Oh yeah and on a different note, anyone know where to find downloadable prls. I manually changed mine so I could get 3g in my area but wanted to make sure I had few on the sdcard just in case.

Still having issues with AC Forums recognizing that I am logged in so sorry if I am all over the place here, I have to throw it out there while it let's me.

Thanks again

make sure you logout of the forum twice. once from the forums then from the homepage as well. maybe that will help.
yes definitely wipe you may get away without wiping but you may wind up with headaches later. you can get mybackup or titanium and backup your apps then restore them afterwards. i do because i switch roms all the time. i bought titanium. you can get it and not pay just have to click install for every app you want to restore. but you get to try it first.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Beezy,

First, thanks for answering all my questions from before. The HoneyBunv3 is running great, most notably there is no delay when dialing numbers (something I had run into before) even with no OC. That kind of leads in to my request: so I have yet to find a kernel that I flash and my phone doesn't go into a boot loop. I always come back to my nandroid + ext backup, but I was wondering if it would be too hard to make a flashable zip with the HoneyBunv3 kernel that I could use to revert to after attempting any OC kernel flashes, versus restoring my nand+ext backup and flashing again?

Might be too much to request, and thanks again for all of your help. If a 2.2 Sense ROM ever comes out (Legend) I would definitely pay whatever asking price for it.
If your running v3 and just flash the OC and it doesnt work, dont wipe just reflash V3.. all should be fine.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

If after doing what flip linked you,if it's still fc'ing then the problems is a glitch in a2sd,im working on getting it updated.

Thanks again

I would wipe.As for prl downloads you would have to search around on xda,Ive seen a couple over there.

Beezy,

Grab the sugarpack from this thread it is the same kernel that are in all the roms. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-hero-roms-hacks/12575-kool-aid-2-1-new-leak.html
About 2.2 i'm trying.;)

neely615

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Reflashing v3 would get rid of my settings (I think) so a kernel flash only is perfect. Now I can try different OC kernels in hopes of one working without it taking so long between tries. Glad to hear about 2.2 which I am sure would be super smooth like honeybun.

tatonka_Hero

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
If after doing what flip linked you,if it's still fc'ing then the problems is a glitch in a2sd,im working on getting it updated.

That must be it. Not really a big deal I guess.

It did have an issue where I couldn't remove the system apps after enabling apps2sd, but that probably had something to do with the same bug

mas1683

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody else see "Set new clock successfully" when hitting the power button to turn the screen back on during a call? It shows up right over the mute and speaker phone buttons.

I'm using icedhoneybun v3.6 and overclock.

Mark

tatonka_Hero

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody else see "Set new clock successfully" when hitting the power button to turn the screen back on during a call? It shows up right over the mute and speaker phone buttons.

Mark

That'll happen EVERY time you turn the screen back on, if you've got OC widget set to show the notification.

Personally, I prefer it shows the notification, just as a reminder it's working lol

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

Mark

you can open the Overclock Widget and disable that message if you like.

mas1683

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Low Memory

Ok, now I am having a "Low Memory" warning... I have about 15 apps installed, but I'm not convinced that is the problem. I already cleared my web cache and deleted a few apps and went from 12meg free to 15.

Any ideas? I just flashed icedhoneybun on Wednesday.

M

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now I am having a "Low Memory" warning... I have about 15 apps installed, but I'm not convinced that is the problem. I already cleared my web cache and deleted a few apps and went from 12meg free to 15.

Any ideas? I just flashed icedhoneybun on Wednesday.

M

Thats a glitch in 3.6 should have it fixed very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autocascade