Honor 7x $199!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
199 seemed good initially.
After reading about the hardware it's not much of a jump in my opinion. The only attractive design feature for me is the screen size.
By springtime the 7X will be 149.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting that the Kirin 659 outperforms the Snapdragon 625. The 625 is a very nice chip. Got my daughter a Moto G5 Plus a while back and that's a snappy little phone with great battery life. Wife and one son have also been using the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus - decent phones, but all these Moto phones need better cameras. Honor 7x has the better processor, better camera, and more features - plus it's cheaper. With their new phones like the 7X and V10, Honor may soon catch up with Moto in the USA market.
I agree. Moto is in some jeopardy. Huawei needs to clean up their software support though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that the Kirin 659 outperforms the Snapdragon 625. The 625 is a very nice chip. Got my daughter a Moto G5 Plus a while back and that's a snappy little phone with great battery life. Wife and one son have also been using the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus - decent phones, but all these Moto phones need better cameras. Honor 7x has the better processor, better camera, and more features - plus it's cheaper. With their new phones like the 7X and V10, Honor may soon catch up with Moto in the USA market.
How is the battery life? My moto z play droid with the 625 was getting 15-18 hr sot

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
199 seemed good initially.
After reading about the hardware it's not much of a jump in my opinion. The only attractive design feature for me is the screen size.
By springtime the 7X will be 149.

It won't be a permanent price at $149,in my opinion. Although it might be on sale at that price

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Moto is in some jeopardy. Huawei needs to clean up their software support though.
Well both moto and Huawei are going after the same target audience with these phones. I think if Huawei can get an unlocked one compatible with all carriers like moto then it could do well

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Well both moto and Huawei are going after the same target audience with these phones. I think if Huawei can get an unlocked one compatible with all carriers like moto then it could do well
Software updates need to get sorted out as well, and soon.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I really hope so. The issue of it not being update able on all 6x or whatever is rediculous especially since these are unlocked phones. Huawei has full control here
Yup. And to add salt to the wounds they don't even push the security patch updates as well. That bothers me more than OS updates.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree... I might overlook some of its other shortcomings (like not having the same range of radio frequencies as the Moto G series) if I knew it’d at least get semi-regular security updates.
Agreed. No security patch updates is probably the biggest downside of purchasing a Huawei device.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. And to add salt to the wounds they don't even push the security patch updates as well. That bothers me more than OS updates.
Let's be honest. At $199, it's acceptable to do quaertrly updates, assuming that they get it working right.but flagship should be monthly

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree... I might overlook some of its other shortcomings (like not having the same range of radio frequencies as the Moto G series) if I knew it’d at least get semi-regular security updates.
Unfortunately that is the big question. and any promises by Huawei isn't going to mean much since they promised the honor 5x quarterly updates and we all know how well that turned out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred