Horrendous battery performance with usage

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd throw another one in here for good measure. Going on 10 hours and as you can see this was with some pretty darn heavy usage, plus it wasn't fully charged to begin with. Wife had surgery so I was sitting in a hospital room all day with nothing to keep me entertained but my phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Good link, thanks. I got my wakelocks.csv file from my phone, just having a hard time trying to get it formatted correctly in excel, and I'm on a Mac. Once that is formatted correctly I hope to have more info on why my phone wont sleep.

How do you determine if your phone is sleeping or not?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
OK, I give up. I have no idea how to read this wakelocks file. Here, you guys take a look at and let me know. Other than that I'm going pack to Sprint and see if they can exchange it.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
As promised on Sunday ...

I finally had a day where I could use my phone with enough screen on time to show a valid comparison. Yes I have to push harder than my normal use pattern to do this heh.

Notes:

- WiFi off all day (3G only)
- GPS on all day
- Bluetooth on all day
- 1 hour of playing an audiobook via bluetooth
- about 30 mins of talk time with many texts and gmails throughout the day

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What does this mean?

Well, I guess I'm stating the obvious here, but it means your phone is spending more time in deep sleep than anywhere else. But if I remember right, you are one of the folks experiencing poor battery performance and high Android OS %. Check the thread I linked above. There were some arguments made that the extra power consumed to enter and exit the deep sleep state could be part of the problem. But I'm not so sure about that. Sleep is usually my highest %, followed by deep sleep then smattered across the other frequencies like yours.

If anything Dirk, this is telling you that you don't have a wakelock problem.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Charged up the phone to 100% before going to bed and woke up this morning to 73% battery left and a nice circle with a line through it saying "searching for service".

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Charged up the phone to 100% before going to bed and woke up this morning to 73% battery left and a nice circle with a line through it saying "searching for service".

Yeah that would be LOS. Bummer. Take it in and see if Sprint will exchange it. Good luck. :'(

g_schrage52

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
16.5 hours today with normal "yellow" signal and its still got 11% left. I normally get 13 or so but wasn't online/Twitter nearly as much today.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else gotten sudden battery level drops? I got the phone last week (and is still unrooted) and have had two instances of battery level dropping 20%+. the first time happened when the phone froze in the stock browser, had to reboot. the second time also happened while browsing the web and I believe i accidentally held the power button for too long, the phone rebooted.The attached screen shot shows battery level that was at 50% then after the reboot, at 20%. the phone wasn't even hot or warm. is this a known issue/should I exchange the phone/is there a fix for it? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It happens commonly when the phone reboots. I think it has some to do with how the battery calibration works on Galaxy S2 phones.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this crazy drops after reboot behavior a few times and it just had the worst example ever. It was acting a little flaky so I rebooted it and it went from 59% to 9%!!! However, while still here in the store, it's climbed to 15% after 15 minutes. Very unnerving.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz