How are the radios.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
In Note 4 territory or better?

Has to be better than the Note 3, which is awful for a lot of people.

Cell signal, LTE, 3G, WiFi and GPS.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Next to battery life this is also one of my big concerns.

I can only speak to compare it to the Nexus 5 I had, but it is better than that in my completely unscientific test of using my phone around my house. My Nexus 5 struggled for signal in my basement; however, my S6 can maintain between 2-3 bars down there which is enough for me to make phone calls and do text messaging. I have noticed better signal as I have traveled to client sites as well over the last week.

Sorry, I can't speak to the other devices you mention.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They're working pretty well. About the same as my Note 4 (little better for me) -- and way better than my iPhone 6+. I hold LTE at my house now :).

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I can only speak to compare it to the Nexus 5 I had, but it is better than that in my completely unscientific test of using my phone around my house. My Nexus 5 struggled for signal in my basement; however, my S6 can maintain between 2-3 bars down there which is enough for me to make phone calls and do text messaging. I have noticed better signal as I have traveled to client sites as well over the last week.

Sorry, I can't speak to the other devices you mention.
No - that sounds really good, thank you.

I have a European unlocked Note 3 and been on that forum for a year.
I love the phone, but the general consensus there was the connections were weak. Signal and public wifi is pretty poor.
GPS has been good for 6 months. I tried other carrier sims, and I have a Moto G LTE to compare.

The Note 4 is an improvement apparently (I don't know anyone with one).

It must be the newer chipsets as well.

I hope more will agree with you.

magitek

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I can only compare it to my S4, but it seems better. On a hiking trail I use frequently, my S4 got two bars and no internet. With the S6, I'm getting four bars and LTE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod