How Big Is UAG Monarch?

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Today is the last day of the return window for my note 8 and I am really struggling. The phone is great, but I can't get used to the size. I'm coming from an S7 (non edge) wrapped in a UAG case since day 1. Before that, I had a note 3 in a UAG case. I liked the size at first, but was ready to return to a smaller phone after about a year.
Anyway, I have a UAG monarch case on my note 8 now. Without a case, I think gherkin note 8 is a great size and weight, but with the monarch, it feels a little too big and heavy for my taste. I'm not one hat can go without a case, so I need a case that is somewhat drop protective. I'm wondering if another case would make the phone feel better.
Can anyone with a monarch, as well as other drop rated cases, comment on how much bigger/heavier the monarch is? I was looked at maybe a spigen neo hybrid or rugged armor extra. Also, the new dbrand grip looks interesting. Basically, I would like to know if the monarch could be the reason for the phone feeling too big and heavy. I live hours away from the closest store that would sell any of these cases for the note 8, or else I would just go test some myself.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the Monarch on my Note 8. I love it. It's not nearly as heavy as it is when it's in the Defender case. I really like the Monarch case design. And in my case it's provided excellent phone protection and wears well. I've had it a couple months and the case still looks great.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So, would it be safe to say that if I like the size of the note 8 without a case, but find it too bulky with a monarch, I could get a different drop rated case and still be happy with the size? I know this is a subjective question but all help is appreciated

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, if I return my note 8, I thought about getting the s9+ when its released. Is there any noticeable difference in the s8+ and note 8? I know the specs say it is slightly smaller and lighter, but will it even be noticeable in the hand?
Again, I find the naked size of the note 8 ideal, so I'm just wondering if the s8/9+ in a case will be about the same as a naked note 8

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Also, if I return my note 8, I thought about getting the s9+ when its released. Is there any noticeable difference in the s8+ and note 8? I know the specs say it is slightly smaller and lighter, but will it even be noticeable in the hand?
Again, I find the naked size of the note 8 ideal, so I'm just wondering if the s8/9+ in a case will be about the same as a naked note 8

I still have the S8 Plus since getting my Note. The two phones are nearly identical with the Note 8 just slightly larger. If you don't like the Note 8 size you won't like the S8 Plus. Maybe look into getting the regular size s8 then. However the FCC just approved the s9 so it is possible it will be out at the very end of Jan or early Feb this time. I would hold off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds