How can I access deleted clip tray data?

Guest55

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
Hi I accidentally deleted my clip tray data on my lg android phone, is there any way I can restore or retrieve all the items that I deleted in the clip tray? Thanks

Guest55

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
Hi mustang thank you so much for your response. I just registered now If possible is there a way that you would be able to merge the question that I asked as android central question to my account so its in my saved posts? Since my post appears as "Android Central Question" but I was wondering if you could make it appear as Guest55? Thank you.

Guest55

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
Thank you so much B Diddy! So basically, the issue I was having was on my lg phone was I had copied something by accident and I wanted to delete it from my clip tray, so I went to my clip tray by goingn to my keyboard and holding the cursor and clicking "Clip Tray" but unfortunately when I got to my clip tray, in the process of deleting that one item, I hit the "Select All" by accident and my whole clip tray was wiped out! I had a lot of important things that I had saved into my clip tray which I needed, so I was wondering if there might be any place on my LG android phone which still has the deleted clip tray data?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi mustang thank you so much for your response. I just registered now If possible is there a way that you would be able to merge the question that I asked as android central question to my account so its in my saved posts? Since my post appears as "Android Central Question" but I was wondering if you could make it appear as Guest55? Thank you.
B. Diddy took care of it

Guest55

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
I see, do you know how long the clip tray stores items for like even if I did not delete anything, or if there is a certain amount of items a clip tray can hold on an LG android phone?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I see, do you know how long the clip tray stores items for like even if I did not delete anything, or if there is a certain amount of items a clip tray can hold on an LG android phone?
Welcome to the forums. It depends on the keyboard app. Gboard, for example, keeps copied items for two hours, but you can pin any of them so they are not removed.

Guest55

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
Hi Javier P, thank you so much for the welcome. Just out of curiosity, what is Gboard? Is that the clip tray that I am referring to on my LG android phone? Like when I go to google I long press and I see 2 options, one that says "Paste", the other one says "Clip Tray." Is the clip tray the same thing as Gboard?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Javier P, thank you so much for the welcome. Just out of curiosity, what is Gboard? Is that the clip tray that I am referring to on my LG android phone? Like when I go to google I long press and I see 2 options, one that says "Paste", the other one says "Clip Tray." Is the clip tray the same thing as Gboard?
Gboard is Google keyboard that you can download from the Play Store, if your phone doesn't have it pre-installed. Unfortunately I don't know how LG keyboard app works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that once you delete an item from the LG Keyboard app's clipboard, it's gone. Important pieces of information should be backed up or synced using a more reliable method, like using Google Keep or Google Drive. Don't rely on a single location on your phone as the repository for important information, because you never know when a mishap like this might happen.:-\

Guest55

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
Thank you guys, yeah I'm wishing I had backed up or synced my data to Google Drive, I should not have Selected All to delete within the clip tray. Now my clip tray on my LG phone, do you know if the clip tray can hold an unlimited amount of items or is it limited?

Guest55

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for the responses, I guess I just won't worry anymore about getting my clip tray items back since it doesn't seem possible at this point. Will definitely copy to a notes app anything important that I copied to my clip tray. I know the clip tray is not really a specific app on my LG phone, because it doesn't appear in my list of apps. The only way I can access it is if the keyboard is displaying, and I long press into the search bar of google where the "Clip Tray" option is. But just one last time to confirm, any item deleted from the clip tray cannot be restored right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The clip tray is a feature of the LG Keyboard app (which is why you don't see it as a separate app). The same is true for Gboard's enhanced clipboard feature, that is very similar to LG's.

The deleted information is not recoverable, sorry.

Guest55

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
Thank you B. Diddy, I really appreciate your help. The clip tray came automatically it was not something that had to be installed, does Gboard also come by default or does it have to be installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non