How can I get my Bluetooth to announce the caller name?

A

AC Question

bluetooth to announce caller name

I have the jabra storm bluetooth headset. I want it to announce the caller name when someone calls. the headset itself does not do this. so I went to get an app that does it. all the apps I tried works for reading text message and who sent the text. but for some reason it does not work for phone calls. I have had this problem with the plantronics bluetooth also. however it was not a problem with the pantronics headset because the headset itself announced the caller name.

It seems as tho the (headset caller notification) overrides any app notification. on either headset.

this was okay with plantronics because the headset notification said the callers name.

but the jabra storm's headset notification just says "incoming call, answer or ignore"

I am trying to find a way to route the "phone call notification" to the headset as regular audio (like im just playing music or something. that way the headset's phone notification does not come up. and the app that announces caller name actually streams through the bluetooth headset.

any suggestions to make this work?

so hard to find a bluetooth that is TRUELY handsfree. the whole reason for me using a bluetooth is so i dont have to take out phone. (my hands are full, or dirty from construction work) I dont want to touch the phone at all.

Also.. my ears are very small. the jabra storm fits nicely . getting another bluetooth is almost out of the question. when i had the plantronics i had to tape it around my glasses for it to not fall off lol

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: bluetooth to announce caller name

Bluetooth 4.1 and above does this and also its up to the firm ware on the head set as well

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

The headphones I accidentally washed and dried did this there is no app or hack it has to be Bluetooth 4.1 or higher and its up to their digression I can post a link they were awesome just not half asleep blindly putting them in the washing machine proof

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ergreen451

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site

Any version of bluetooth can do this..it is the headset manufacturer that has the announce feature...not the firmware on your device or the bluetooth version..I use a plantronics edge that has the caller announce feature built into the headset..You can also go to the play store and look for "announce who's calling", and will see many free apps that do the same....Please do not give erroneous information.

vahid parsi

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site

I have same issue :'( whit LG HSB 910 BT headset. notation work whit any caller Name program (read sms and telegram and other messages but not talk Caller name in headset, hand set (cell Phone) says caller Name when it is not connected to BT Headset , but when connect to headset, only I hearing ringing;:'(

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur