How can I learn more about wi-fi security problems?

louiswho

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Got a new Edge, and new to Android. I understand about VPN's and having a secure tunnel to the website that I am connecting to. I am trying to find out how else someone might still screw with me. Can someone still put things on my android phone, take control, get information from my phone, etc. How can they do this? I imagine that there is some info out there that I can be pointed to. What are the Must Do's (password or thumbprint the phone, encrypt, etc.). Are there any videos that show\document these kind of things (not just the things that I should be doing, but also how the hackers do it, and what they are seeing\getting)?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it much. If you connect to a VPN all the info you send/receive is encrypted so you'll be fine. Just ensure to have your phone locked via a passcode.

louiswho

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I understand the part about using the VPN and making an internet connection and having everything I send and receive encrypted. Does it protect me against hackers, getting onto my device and modifying and getting my data (having nothing to do with any website connections)?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Probably not. But most successful hacking is caused by the user clicking on a bad link. That's what happened in the U.S. Democrate party headquarters. It was reported someone clicked on a link that said "Your Google account has been hacked and you need to reset your password now" When the user clicked on the provided link and reset his password the hacker that created the link was successful in hacking his account with this new password. The hacker was then able to read all of his emails.